soon to be first time traveler... from the quad cities of iowa/illinois (rock island, davenport) | Squat the Planet

soon to be first time traveler... from the quad cities of iowa/illinois (rock island, davenport)

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
my name is alex and i come from the quad cities in iowa and illinois (davenport, rock island, moline, bettendorf)... not many people pass through here, although the rock island line seems to be a mild spot considering a few kids have stayed at my place this spring already...

anyways the only traveling i have done so far is from playing shows in my punk band, lord green (www.myspace.com/lordgreen420 if you want to hear the tunes)

it has taken me on two tours to both coasts already, and there are two more tours this summer, so i cant complain about that...

but in between shows i have to work like a madman to pay off my loan. i am a slave and i hate it. i think about it everyday and it drives me crazy. the loan was for my badass drumset and a car... but my reason for posting on here is that my shit is getting close to being payed off (probably no longer then 6 months, its been almost 2 years)

anyways in the time i have been paying this off, and traveled for shows, i have been exposed to travelers, as well as met many of them.. and now that i have a growing for hatred to debt after seeing what it has done to me, i want to hit the road. there are a few people in my area that are into the idea, but not many. so i thought i'd post on here and introduce myself... would be nice to meet some likeminded folks!

peace
-alex

Dmac

Reaction score
you found the right place to link up with people here! are you hitchin or hopping or what?

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
you found the right place to link up with people here! are you hitchin or hopping or what?

both! some kids that stayed with me a couple weeks ago let me copy their 2010 crew change... now all i need is a guru!

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yeah, we go way back. nice to e-meet you too. take care of that one, okay?

oh man i will! she is the best thing to happen to me. are you doing to death fest? we will be up there for like 4 or 5 days total i think.

Hey I'll be in Madison WI for a little while....cool if i drop by and say hey sometime? I'm thinkin in a week or two..

yah come on down. we live at the food not bombs house in the qc. people are always staying. we are actually moving into a squat though soon, either way you'd have a place to stay and a place to eat.

Detrivore

Reaction score
yo, I have been to a couple lord green shows and a CD-r ended up on my porch last summer. pretty good sabbathy. I moved from iowa this fall. I hopped the rock island line once with my bike and came back to iowa city. pretty chill on the IAIS, but you can get to CR or des moines. know there is more options in rock island.

Detrivore

Reaction score
yeah that was me. have we met? Used to go to a bunch of QC shows but never really knew any of yall. Now that I am out west I am looking out for all the iowaers, go hawks. Taterbug informed me lord green partied at our house (yellow ghetto) last summer but I think I was asleep.

This life for sure was all started by touring in Law of All Ends. But paying for gas and crashing with people you aren't on the same page with is counter-productive. It definately led to hitch hiking and railriding and being exposed to punk communities that work, and look out for each other. Being in a touring band is an OK catalyst but I always feel like I am exploitive of people by the end of it. Have gone through a bunch of cycles of buying a touring vehicle, working, getting gear, selling it all, and doing something new. Just quit my job out here last week, ha. The urge to shred is always there though also.

I tried to 'get real' out here, with a car,repairs, job, commute, and it didn't make any sense. I was paying to work more and getting debted too, trying to simplify things now.

Good luck getting all that shit off your back. looks like you guys have a sick east coast jaunt soon.

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
yah ive played with you before at the market place. probably a couple other places as well. i used to play in the intervention. i thought your pic looked familar.

but i couldnt hear you more on what you had to say. i feel like i cant even relate to my own bandmates anymore... they think im a wacko. but in the meantime its taking me places so i cant complain......... we'll see what happens.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads