Somewhere to go in Washington?

steph03

Reaction score
Hey there, forum people. A buddy and I are headed from AB through BC to hop the border into Molson, WA. From there, I was considering going to Seattle to try and busk for some cash, and i heard about a commune in Olympia. Is there anywhere else, or anwhere better in WA we could go to for food, shelter, ETC. Photos of our (Rough) route are attached.
Screenshot_20190120_230421.jpg
Screenshot_20190120_230925.jpg
Screenshot_20190120_231557.jpg

rando

Reaction score
Olympia is a lot cooler than Seattle. It's smaller and less crazy, so if you can play any sort of instrument you'll make more money and meet less sketchy people. I'm from Washington, there are so many cool places there. If you're talking specifically about places where you can bust easily then just make your way to Olympia or even down to Portland OR. Or are you looking for outdoor recreation?

Des

Reaction score
Olympia is a lot cooler than Seattle. It's smaller and less crazy, so if you can play any sort of instrument you'll make more money and meet less sketchy people. I'm from Washington, there are so many cool places there. If you're talking specifically about places where you can bust easily then just make your way to Olympia or even down to Portland OR. Or are you looking for outdoor recreation?
Wont make any money in portland but its a cool spot for sure. Lots of resources

Reactions: benton

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i don't have advice for washington, but i'd be curious to know how your trip across the border goes, maybe you could post about it in the travel stories section?

Jackthereaper

Reaction score
^^^^ what he said

I have crossed in that fashion before (i think) further east out in idaho. Never had an issue and probably crossed 10 times and went up to albertistan for some work. Iam curious to see if its changed in the last 5 years or so.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads