So, what ya'll think about having kids? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

So, what ya'll think about having kids?

MFB

Reaction score
I've hear Handy Smurf is handy in more ways than one.

Crazy Squirrel

Reaction score
I'm an anti-natalist, so of course I'm going to say it's a always a bad idea to bring more suffering into this dying, polluted, overpopulated world where they're most likely going to end up a wage-slave or worse. If you really feel the need to be a parent, then adopt a kid who's already here.

MFB

Reaction score
I'm an anti-natalist, so of course I'm going to say it's a always a bad idea to bring more suffering into this dying, polluted, overpopulated world where they're most likely going to end up a wage-slave or worse. If you really feel the need to be a parent, then adopt a kid who's already here.

I see trees of green
red roses too
i see them bloom
for me and for you
and i think to myself....

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
Does having guardianship over a child that isn't yours considered him your adoptive child? A childhood friend got his 25 year to life in 2014. He asked me if I would take Guardianship of his 13yo son but he would live with the grandparents. "Spaz" will come here and stay about a week often unless its summer then he is always here. Mostly because he grew up around my kids. I look after him and care for him as if he was my own.

MFB

Reaction score
Flan sent
- now thinking I should've included at-home pregnancy test kit...

And if you feel
like i feel, baby
then c'mon, oh c'moooon,
Lets get it flaaaan
ah, baby, lets get it flan

MFB

Reaction score
When you read through all of these and people saying they feel too old to have a kid at 40 and you realize your dad had you at 54. 😂😂

I'm with Pops on this one. Get it all outta your system, accomplish what you want, then have a kid when you actually know some shit. I always assumed I would be well grey-ed if I did ever have a kid. Too much to do, yea?

A client of mine who I always thought was a sharp dood once said this to me and it stuck with me; he had 2 kids later in life and we were talking shop about it.
"Michael, as soon as they have you even, they have you outnumbered"
Meaning, make sure you have a partner that will stick around, and only have 1.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Barf

Tadeo

Reaction score
I'm with Pops on this one. Get it all outta your system, accomplish what you want, then have a kid when you actually know some shit. I always assumed I would be well grey-ed if I did ever have a kid. Too much to do, yea?

A client of mine who I always thought was a sharp dood once said this to me and it stuck with me; he had 2 kids later in life and we were talking shop about it.
I mean good saying but my parents are divorced haha and old as hell. Also don’t have a kid as late as my parents did latest I’d say is 50 or late 40’s from experience with my parents no offense to them but no teenager wants super old parents. Also there not always super energetic so it’s really a trade off for some to share your earlier life with your kids where you’re more lively or wait till you’re older to have finished all your goals then have a kid, but the thing is when you finish those goals you lose something and then your kid can’t relate to you as much. I don’t know if that makes sense but just my thoughts with having old parents.

D

Deleted member 24782

My uncle sums up raising his children like this "I came twice and had 8 kids." True story.

MFB

Reaction score
When he got married to my aunt she already two kids, he then had two sets of twins in a row, and helped raise me and my brother. Hence the 8 kids thing. They're divorced now.
I've had a few long term partners that have had kids or a kid.
Its funny how when you first meet, and the kid is screaming his/her head off in the back seat about some gummy treats; their shrieks are like nails on a chalk board and hurt you brain.
Then after a while you get used to that sound and barely notice it as background or peripheral noise. I also learned that that tolerance is conditional to the child you spend time with, as if I heard other kids shriek it still hurt my ears.

One girl who I was with for 2 years had a 2 year old. He would throw his binky/passy and then cry like a madman. You'd go and pick it up, give it back to him, then he would smile, chuck it, and start wailing again. Over and over and over. It was maddening! But. I played along.

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads