1. Not like it changes anything, but we are obligated to inform you that we are using cookies - so, we just did. Learn More.
  2. Hey you! Yeah, we see you there, lurking! Well, this notice is just to let you know that there's several sections of the website that are available to members only! You're missing out on a lot of stuff by not signing up for an account! It's free, so what have you got to lose?
    Dismiss Notice

Slowest Hitching

Discussion in 'Hitchhiking' started by skunkpit, Oct 15, 2009.

1. PsilocyBen

PsilocyBen is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Five days for 150 miles. Hitching from Warren, PA to Pittsburgh.

2. Wild Ty Laserbeam

Wild Ty Laserbeam One of the Regulars

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +32 / -0
    I spent 3 days and plenty of police-harassment trying to get off an exit on the NY thru-way. bleh. finally got a trucker who took me to virginia.

3. kain

kain Special. Very Special.

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +1 / -0
    29 days from GA to AZ, 8 days spent at the same exit (rain and floods) in OK. Walked about a quarter of it. I fukn hate waiting at exits.

4. joshbryan

joshbryan is getting to know the place

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +4 / -0
    I got pulled off a train in carrizozo, nm. Don't you love those "good citizens" who call the law when they see some one on the train. The cops were really nice but I waited for three days (willing to go any way) with only one perverted gay man offering me a ride (back to his house, where he suggested we hot tub). I declined. I finally got desperate and tried to hop a train that was going way to fast, in flip flops, with a burger in one hand. It was a split second (horrible) decision. I ate shit.

5. dharma bum

dharma bum anarcho-transcendentalist

Achievements:
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +126 / -1
    took me 4 days to get from athens to asheville. got 3 rides the entire time. must have walked 15 miles that first day..
    anyways, i was walking solo, so no wonder.

6. veggieguy12

veggieguy12 The Captain

Achievements:
    City:
    Cowpens
    State:
    SC
    View on map:
    Ratings:
    +115 / -1
    I just had a rough run, starting just N of Cincinnati, in Mason, OH where I waited forever. It took me three short rides (longest being maybe 40 mi), and going up to Grove City, where cops ran me off after a good period of waiting. I bused through Columbus and NE to Reynoldsburg where I got a backpacker couple and landed in Washington, PA. I was told to leave the "freeway" (on ramp), but bypassed by far more cops than the two incidents where they hassled me. I did have a few short rides from Washington and got stuck at a terrible point where I-79 S diverts from and joins with I-70, eventually getting out of the construction zone with a departing worker, rather than wait til traffic drops after dark to run around it all a few miles to the next exit. And then I finally made it to I-70's end and transition into I-76 the PA Turnpike toll road hitchhiking-prohibited highway. I must have spent four hours in New Stanton before I finally got a lift to Somerset, PA (Flight 93 memorial).

• Like Like x 1