Sleeping bags help | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Sleeping bags help

D

Deleted member 20

From what I hear Bl3w is down on the gulf coast. I guess it depends on where you are, what modes of transportation you are travelin. I am in the east coast & am not travelin this winter but have used this system since it came out in the late 90's both in the US Marines & while travelin. Sure its heavy as a whole system but are you gonna be sleeping out under the snow? Are you gonna be on a train doing 75mph? I have woke up covered in lots of snow & still been comforatble. If I was leaving from Massachusetts today I would take the whole system. Things like extra layers of close you can where & or easily obtain at thrift stores anywhere for cheap. The ecws sleep system is expensive & has some value to it. If one needed to sell/trade a piece of the system most everyone knows about the system & would be happy to have it. On the flip side when your freezing your ass off that one night when you are sleeping outside in your bivy wishing you had it & only in the patrol bag you will be kicking yourself. Reaquisition of another bag will most likely be expensive. If you get south & determine you dont need it go to a post office with $15.45 & ship it somewhere safe in a large flat rate box.

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
I've been lugging the whole system since I left jax.I don't mind the extra bulk for the exchange of all the warmth.I woke up in Nola with the bivvy cover covered in frost and I was very comfortable the entire time.I'd reccomend getting the whole system as you never know what type of weather you might be dealing with.Plus the added cold wind from being on a train will make it feel like its in the low 30s to mid 20s.I also use a thermal rest trail scout sleeping pad which is all season.Its a pretty nice set up all together.Either way you won't regret it when you wanna sleep nicley ans enjoy yourself and get some real rest.

Reactions: Troop
D

Deleted member 20

Sorry to get off topic guys. Has it occured to you that some girl is missing & serious acusations are being made that you were the last person to see her? Your here commenting on sleeping bags. If I were you I would clear your name first!(confused)

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I have an old beat up coleman bag.... matted, worn, full of stitches and patchwork,mama dog had a litter of puppies on it and there is the rabid coon blood that i had to kill to save my life..... that bags been thru hell, but i use it in conjunction with a wool blanket (i actually carry 2 wool blankets for lonely nites when a road dog cant shake the chill) and I sleep damned good. thought about the military modular system alot. If i ever trade in my beat up old bag, that'll be what I roll with...

wildwerden

Reaction score
im thinking about just using the patrol and bivvy and getting another small / cheap sleeping bag for when the temps do dip. the weight / lack on compactness of the intermediate isnt going to be fun and i doubt i will be venturing into cold areas at the cold times of the year. thanks for the tips.

Bl3wbyyou

Reaction score
Sorry to get off topic guys. Has it occured to you that some girl is missing & serious acusations are being made that you were the last person to see her? Your here commenting on sleeping bags. If I were you I would clear your name first!(confused)

I actually met up with Tammy last night and are currently hanging out with her and her new boyfriend.So get off my nuts.Gonna goto Austin then home bum it up then roll into Colorado finally.Pretty funny all the aucuations Steve has brought to the table about this.

Anyway enjoy worrying about nothing.

D

Deleted member 20

Im not on your nuts kid. I thought it was wrong that people were threatening physical harm to you in another thread, & you never disputed anything. It seems that you got a lot to learn about a lot of things.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads