Slab City??? | Squat the Planet

Slab City???

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Looks like a wonderland of everything I've ever dreamed of, a paradise. I was wondering exactly how to get there, i.e., what part of california should I take a greyhound to that'd be the closest to slab city?; once there, how do I actually get to slab city?; can anyone just show up and live there or is there a vetting process of some sort? Anything else I should know?

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Please use the search bar, as we have answered these questions many, many, times before on the forum.

Go to the "Dirty Scouts Jamboree" thread, and read the "read this first" thread about the slabs and how to get there.

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I dont remember if this question got answered in the thread, and i imagine the answer is likely no, but is there cell phone service out there? I just need to make a phone call every once in a while.

Reactions: IDoRails69

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Pretty sure there must be some sort of signal out there. There's like half a dozen people or so that stream videos or upload to YouTube from there so I'd imagine cells work? It's usually mountainous areas that have dead zones. I have a feeling there's coverage there.

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf

Rhubarb Dwyer

Fragrant Vagrant
Banned
Reaction score
I dont remember if this question got answered in the thread, and i imagine the answer is likely no, but is there cell phone service out there? I just need to make a phone call every once in a while.
From what i noticed, some providers have service and some don't.
There is a donation-based internet cafe, if you end up totally disconnected.

SeymourSparechange

Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Im bringing a burner phone, not sure if it is AT&T or not.

Icecoffee2

Reaction score
Looks like a wonderland of everything I've ever dreamed of, a paradise. I was wondering exactly how to get there, i.e., what part of california should I take a greyhound to that'd be the closest to slab city?; once there, how do I actually get to slab city?; can anyone just show up and live there or is there a vetting process of some sort? Anything else I should know?
SC is rear Niland Ca, walk in fit in and all is well

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads