Skipping out on bond...... | Squat the Planet

Skipping out on bond......

left52side

Reaction score
Ok first im not really sure if this is the right place for this or not.
If not I am sorry.
Was curious if anyone had any insite on skipping out on bond.
I was arrested here in smallville shit town florida on a misdemeanor and after 6 days in jail made my 100.00 bond. went to my arreighnment and seeing as the judge was in a really foull mood that day pled not guilty. have pre trial on the 23rd of march , and was thinking about just leaving the state.
My friend seems to think in florida that if you skip bond it becomes a felony and will extridite you from anywhere.
My charge is just a resisitning without violence. so no big deal,but just dont wanna catch a felony over something so petty,also at the same time dont wanna be stuck here waitin on it to go to trial,only to have them give me probation or some dumb shit.

railroadron

Reaction score
Hey bro..Im straight up..there is no extradition on any misdemeanor from any state to any state..period.. I know this first hand as I m wanted in CA on such..jumped bond and been jammed a few times and its the same story..out of the state. I m a parolee on the run now

Fungus

Reaction score
I don't think so, they may keep that misdemeanor on file even if you payed your bail, but should not grow into a felony. But if your awaiting trial for a felony, like myself, save time and crucify yourself.

baconrind

Reaction score
Bail or bond? If someone else paid it they may want to get their money back before you run. Even if it is just $100. and Ive posted bail for my uncle and the bondsman told me that they would come after me if he split. But yeah, dont sweat it if it aint a felony.

K

Kim Chee

If you have no intention of going back to Florida and you want to leave, go ahead. Your misdemeanor charges will not suddenly become felonies. Since you posted bond you made an agreement that you would appear in court, not appearing becomes FTA (failure to appear) which is another misdemeanor. If you return to Florida after your warrant is issued and your information is ran in the street it is likely you will go to jail and not be released from jail until the judge says so.

**check this out: When I go to jail and they either kick me out or the judge says, "release him" I don't sign my release paperwork. They will tell you that they can't release you if you don't sign, whatever. It will cause a slight delay in your release (couple hours usually). What this does for you is that since you aren't recognizing their court date, you aren't setting yourself up for FTA when you don't show.

**since you've already pled "not guilty" why not just stick with that and show up to court. The judge may throw the case out or the prosecutor may drop the charge. Who gives a shit what they do, this is your opportunity to "sloooooooooooow the wheels of injustice." Be glad you aren't in Singapore, they probably would have beat your ass for whatever you did by now.

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
I stepped out on a ton of court shit in MD. including but not limited to: active probation, a half finished court case in Worchester Co, AND Queen Annes Co, and about 2 other charges that id never been arraigned for. That was 8 years ago... Never looked back, never had any problems about it. Its a simple as dont get too close to that state or be in that state. Shit i was on probation in CA while still on probation in MD didnt know that was possible.

I have heard that FL does do some crazy extradition shit but ive never seen concrete proof they do.

railroadron

Reaction score
Yes.. charges especially unresolved stay on file for life..I m speaking strictly about being arrested and extradited over a state line..NO misdemeanors are extraditable over any state line. Misdemeanors are only extraditable from anywhere within its own State.. I ve had 3 out of CA that have been on NCIC since 92 and as many times As my names been run they always pop up but I m always out of state when they do and Im never taken in because of that law of mis.

JoelRailDude

Reaction score
My friend got arrested with the occupy thing, he bailed on his PTR, on bond, left fl. Been outside the state for 2 months now. He said he did it a long tiem ago, for 5 yrs out of FL. He sent a letter to a judge who straigthen everythign out. If its a tiny litle misdemeanor, they not gona bother you. Only on drug trafficking or Murder do they look for you and extradite you.

HOWEVER: his lawyer told him that if he gets in some deep shit, they can extradite him on a bus, state to state it picks ups ppl to bring back to FL and so on.

kryp2nite

Reaction score
ya i just dealt with 2 such incidences botwere misdemeanors one was 11 and one was 16 yrs old but they kept them on file they wont mess with you unless you get caught in that state. if your going to worry about it jsut go to court and say noprobation that you just want the time and get it over with it wont be much anyway pieceof cake or just say f-it and split doesnt much matter either way im not so sure you would get much more time if they catch you yrs later. all i had to do is pay a fine for 1 and the other i did a few days in jail.

eurekascastle

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
just ditch that state and steer clear for a while. a got arrested in gainsville fl for flying a sign and having a knife on the side of my pack they let me out at court the next day with the agreement that i'd show to an additional court date. i was already 2 states away the following day. it's not extraditable and that won't change if your charge wasn't a felony. just do you and explore the other 49 states in the meantime

Reactions: todd

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
thread moved to how-2. good convo though :)

eurekascastle

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
YEAH i was like are you fucking kidding me?! i was with someone but since i got up to retrieve the money they automatically jumped on me then they asked for my id which of course is in my fucking pack where else would it be so i go to reach for it and they all have guns pointed on me saying back away from the pack. my knife which had its own cover was on the side. they called it a rambo knife ... it had a pink handle, bastards. went to jail for 2 days got out having another set court date which by then i was already 2 states down fuck 'em.

Reactions: todd

Circles

Reaction score
Yea that's fucked up. Dam sorry sis that happen to u. Fuck' em. Lol. Hope ur good now and every thing good with u. Stay safe out there don't know u. But i'll send blessing toward's ur way. If we ever run in to each other beer's and lunch and dinner on me. And my friend's we keep it real with every body that only way u can be these's day's. Lol. But if u ever come toward's philly i'll help u out. I ride a lo tr of train's but iam alway's in philly that's were iam from. So just hit me up:) and be safe out there. Much blessing's ur way.

Az Tek

Reaction score
there is no extradition on any misdemeanor from any state to any state..period..

This ^^ He is right. however you till might not be safe. Your going to need to look at it like this. When you run you won't be running from the charge it self. As you have not been convicted of it that's not what the warrant will be for. Your going to have a warrant for a misdemeanor Failure To Appear. (an FTA = assuming it's never a violent crime or federal charge it's always going to be a misdemeanor)

Secondly and the most important thing. No state will extradite you on a misdemeanor as the state that places the hold on you will have to pay for transportation/food/housing etc until they pick you up. So yeah on that petty charge they know they won't get their money back out of you. Your only issue is going to be with the bond. If you paid 100$ I'm assuming your bond was $1,000? at 10%? or was it just a straight 100? Cause if so A bondsman can come and get you anywhere in the country and bring you back himself. Casue if you ran on a $1,000 bond. That bail bondsman just lost $1,000. But if not your good to go.

AlyBlackout

Reaction score
Yea FL never really bothers with Mis. Hell my dad skiped out on a couple of felonies shows back up here and they still havent done jack shit. But yea if you skip. keep your head down till youre out of here and stear clear of fl for a bit.

daveycrockett

Reaction score
why would you run on a bullshit charge dont take probation suck it up and take the jail time, and they can drag you back if they want to if you have a WARRANT FOR ARREST, i was in one time with a fellow from ny. who skipped a 250 bail in 1980 they took him back 30 yrs later and hes doing a year. i think its a record look it up in guinness book, i am right now. do the thirty days or whatever and forget about it. they brought him back form fla.

Az Tek

Reaction score
Well if he never plans on going back to FL then doing the 30 days may be an huge inconvenience lol. Esp with all the things going on right now.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads