• IMG_0273.JPG
    IMG_0273.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 465
  • IMG_0441.JPG
    IMG_0441.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 494

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
yall have awsome dogs but my only question is whats it like travelin with a dog is it harder eventho it makes it more talrabale when travelin alone
Naw, Traveling with a dog is a blast. I have people pick me up in the pouring rain because they don't want my dog to be outside! Since I got Marley, travel has become trickier. But I still manage. I went without my female once, before I got my boy, and it was the fastest and worst trip of my life. Too many creeps out there for me to go without my girl.

Shakou

Reaction score
yall have awsome dogs but my only question is whats it like travelin with a dog is it harder eventho it makes it more talrabale when travelin alone

Like everything in life it has it's ups and downs, but for me the ups greatly out weigh the downs. Marlin can be a massive pain in the ass while in the car. He whines and barks a LOT just out of sheer excitement, and as a result we had to get him a bark collar to wear just for when he's in the car. We have our own car, so it's not a big deal, but it would be impossible to hitch hike with him if we didn't! However, Marlin is also very loyal and protective of us, especially me. He's friendly, but is naturally leary of strangers, and doesn't appreciate quick moves in my direction. I'd feel sorry for the poor bastard that tried to rob or rape me.

Charlotte would drop dead before EVER even thinking about hurting a person, but she can be dog aggressive towards select dogs she doesn't know, particularly those that show any kind of threatening tendencies towards us, our other dog, or herself. She's not a very big dog, but she's fast, and she knows how to use her teeth... Once while hanging out in a local park, a Chocolate Lab attacked her out of the blue, and Charlotte ended up ripping the side of it's face off... She has never done this without reason. Like I said, normally it's dogs that show some sort of threat towards us, either by fear or aggression, and obviously she can pick up on that far better then we can. Again, this is ONLY with dogs, she loves ALL people and would NEVER hurt a person. This however makes it somewhat difficult when meeting up with others who have dogs, because it's hit or miss as to who she's going to like, and then we have to keep a VERY close eye on her. Like Marlin though, Charlotte offers us protection from other animals. I never have to worry about getting bitten by another dog while traveling with her, because the day it even tries will be the last thing it ever does.

In addition to protection, they just make traveling and life in general funner for me. Being an animal lover, their company is good for me mentally and emotionally, and keeps me sane when everything else around me is in chaos.

Reactions: Gin and RubyOutlaw

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
Yup, That's me!!!! haha I figured you'd remember me eventually! haha Everyone remembers Pearl!
I had an ex, was hanging out with me and her, I had no idea he didn't remember who I was- drunkerd- until he heard her name and yellled "pearl jam! I hate your fucking mom!" haha good times

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
On the other hand, Ive lost an entire me in weight since I started traveling....I really am half the person I used to be.....in lbs....so a lot of people never recognize me.

RubyOutlaw

Reaction score
Marlin, my 6 year old Australian Cattle Dog, and Charlotte, my 7 year old Pit Bull mix:

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0174-1.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

8d6eb6f1.jpg

2c7b79b2.jpg
Having a part cattle dog mix myself I completely relate...I have so many stories that are similar to what your describing.....this is why I love that breed. It is hands down, the most loyal breed I have ever encountered and people underestimate these dogs....good looking pups man

M

Mouse

Yup, That's me!!!! haha I figured you'd remember me eventually! haha Everyone remembers Pearl!
I had an ex, was hanging out with me and her, I had no idea he didn't remember who I was- drunkerd- until he heard her name and yellled "pearl jam! I hate your fucking mom!" haha good times

I always remember dogs before I remember people, dunno why that is but I can't help it. Plus it also doesn't help that you look totally different! hope things are good with you.

Pixie Walden

Reaction score
this is Gnarly and Matty , Gnarly is the big headed pit mix and Matty is the black one, Gnarly is mine Ive had him since he was 2 months and he is a little over a year now, he hoped my first train with me when i first got him, Matty is my boytoys dog we saved her from a shelter in Ohio about 6 months ago, she was kinda spooked on her first ride and hopped off when the train kicked after a crew change but she seems to love it now.

Attachments

• hounds.jpg
    hounds.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 449
Reactions: beersalt

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads