Sex work at Slab City

jjjanderson

Reaction score
I am considering moving to slab city, and I was wondering if there was anywhere for me to set up a place for sex work, since the police don't come up as often. Would the people of slab city drive me out, or would they be more accepting? I mean no offense, I am just asking before I head up there and piss people off accidentally.

• Best of Luck!
Reactions: AyeAaron and bote

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i would advise against advertising that kind of service in the slabs. people are generally friendly/welcoming, but you're gonna get a ton of unwanted attention. i mean, im sure you'd clean up, depending on how you present, cause there's a ton of lonely old men out there, but there's also going to be a lot of people that are going to talk a lot of shit behind your back as well.

also, please don't post the same thing in multiple areas. this is against the rules. i've deleted your other thread and issued a warning.

Reactions: Spazz and bote

bote

Reaction score
I haven't been in the slabs for quite awhile, but when i was, there were people plying the trade, male and female. I didn't hear it talked about openly, but people knew and didn't make a big deal out of it, maybe partly because the people working were dangerous in their own right.
That said, Matt is right: there's a high probability that if you are outspoken about it, you risk attracting unwanted attention, maybe even from other sex workers.
Another thing to consider, and I hope this doesn't sound judgemental, but there is no running water in the slabs, and hygiene might be an issue amongst potential customers. My sincere apologies to anyone who might be offended by that statement. It's been my experience that many slabbers who i respect and care deeply about don't necessarily bathe regularly. This was never something I cared about at all, but as a sex worker it might matter.

Ultimately, whatever you're going to do there, you should probably go check it out for yourself for a week or two, get to know some people, get the lay of the land before becoming the lay of the land so to speak. Good luck!

jjjanderson

Reaction score
i would advise against advertising that kind of service in the slabs. people are generally friendly/welcoming, but you're gonna get a ton of unwanted attention. i mean, im sure you'd clean up, depending on how you present, cause there's a ton of lonely old men out there, but there's also going to be a lot of people that are going to talk a lot of shit behind your back as well.

also, please don't post the same thing in multiple areas. this is against the rules. i've deleted your other thread and issued a warning.

I am so sorry, I thought that this would be a better place to put this question, and I forgot to delete the first post. Thank you for the advice and the warning

Reactions: Matt Derrick

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads