Seeking DIY music to use in our podcast | Squat the Planet

Seeking DIY music to use in our podcast

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
This is just a general notice to let everyone know that I am looking for independent, DIY music from just about any genre to use in the StP podcast. Any suggestions should be music that isn't on a big label or would get the show's episodes flagged on YouTube. Ideally, this would be your own music, but if you know of an artist that would like to share their music with us, please put me in contact with them.

I'm especially interested in finding a song for the intro to the show, preferably something centered around traveling if possible. A custom song would be considered given the right artist and price point (yes, I will pay you money to use your song if I like it).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have!

Reactions: Juan Derlust

Benji91

Gone Walkabout
Reaction score
Website
www.instragram.com
D

Deleted member 20240

Hopefully at some point i'll write my ballad. Don't think I got anything in me right now but bile. Pass it your way when it comes along. ( The song, not the bile). If worse comes to worse, willie nelson on the road again or metalica wherever I may roam. Ralph. Those are pretty obscure, right ? Btw; podcast is cool. Neat to see the people typing really exist :)

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
ha... but sure, either is fine

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I often use FL Studio, Audacity, and Vegas Pro to make up music.

i just have way too much going on right now to be writing music.

Hopefully at some point i'll write my ballad. Don't think I got anything in me right now but bile. Pass it your way when it comes along. ( The song, not the bile). If worse comes to worse, willie nelson on the road again or metalica wherever I may roam. Ralph. Those are pretty obscure, right ? Btw; podcast is cool. Neat to see the people typing really exist :)

cool, feel free to send anything my way if you want an opinion on it :)

and thanks, yeah im liking how it's going so far :)

Groundmagnet

Reaction score
Let me know what you are looking for. I mainly play guitar, but I do have a home based recording studio. Myself I mostly write and play folk stuff and acoustic rock, but can do anything. If you have an idea pm me.

croc

Reaction score
What's your email?

train in vain

Reaction score
https://m.soundcloud.com/fyathyrio/sarah
Ill send you some stuff. I have yrs of recordings ranging from harsh noise to pretty guitar sounds. That soundcloud is all old random shit but if youre into anything on there i can send wavs or just email a bunch of random stuff to you.

Reactions: Matt Derrick

Kaotic

Reaction score
Reactions: Benji91

Daisy

Reaction score
i've all but givin up on doing anything with music. i'd like to throw my originals into the mix.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i've all but givin up on doing anything with music. i'd like to throw my originals into the mix.

can you post them somewhere i can take a listen?

Days N Daze from huston

unfortunately days n daze will get us a copyright flag on youtube :(

I wish I had some better stuff to record on than my phone. or would phone recordings be fine for this?

i can't guarantee anything except that i'll take a listen if you want to post them up somewhere.

https://m.soundcloud.com/fyathyrio/sarah
Ill send you some stuff. I have yrs of recordings ranging from harsh noise to pretty guitar sounds. That soundcloud is all old random shit but if youre into anything on there i can send wavs or just email a bunch of random stuff to you.

checking it out now!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads