rainbow-ocala national forest | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

rainbow-ocala national forest

P

pigpen

I heard North Dakota, possibly. Not sure.

I'm hoping that one day, my little event I've started will blossom into the cousin of the Rainbow gatherings.

Contacted them via Facebook to see if our events could partner up.

Got directed to a YouTube video. Not sure what that was supposed to mean or tell me, but it was cool viewing.

:)

As far as "partnering up" no one in rainbow has the authority to endorse or condemn your gathering on behalf of the entire family.

I did take a look at your page and noticed y'all have a lot of rules you're attempting to impose, most people (especially those living on the road) are not gonna leave their dogs and children behind to attend an event they've never heard of that has a strict anti-drug policy.

You state "All are welcome" and then on the same page say no dogs or kids or people on drugs are allowed. I wish you the best and hope y'all have a grand ole time, but "partnering" with rainbow isn't gonna happen.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
As far as "partnering up" no one in rainbow has the authority to endorse or condemn your gathering on behalf of the entire family.

I did take a look at your page and noticed y'all have a lot of rules you're attempting to impose, most people (especially those living on the road) are not gonna leave their dogs and children behind to attend an event they've never heard of that has a strict anti-drug policy.

You state "All are welcome" and then on the same page say no dogs or kids or people on drugs are allowed. I wish you the best and hope y'all have a grand ole time, but "partnering" with rainbow isn't gonna happen.

I figured the vague response was due to an authority thing.

No biggie.

As for rules, if you read them, you also read that the fest is being held on state-owned property.

It's a state park. Oh and maybe you caught the part about a cop living on the grounds.
Maybe not.

Either way, I'm trying to warn people, don't come with it on you.

I have one friend that informed me she's smoking before she comes and will be high as a kite.

I told her to get high for me too, just don't have any of it on her, just in case.

As for no kids and no dogs...not sure about what part of a one day, few hours event wasn't clear, so let me specify - just so there's no qiestion- nothing for kids to do, nothing for dogs to do.

My dog is my life, but if she's going to be hot and bored (and she will) then it's not fair to her.

Seems like common sense to me. Shrugs.

Anyway...I saw a caveat on the Rainbow site about dogs, as well, though they are welcome.

One day, when my event grows to a full weekend then everyone can come and make their own merriment.

Until then, for a 4-5 hour event, people aren't going to expect to have to entertain themselves.

Oh and let me clarify the everyone is welcome (as I thought that was pretty clear too, but maybe I'm expecting to much from people) whether you're homeless and stink, whether you're a yuppie that thinks all us hippies are cool and want to jump on the fad, or you're simply down on your luck and need a free meal, you're welcome to join us.

But, thanks for letting me know that what I thought was easily understandable for everyone, apparently isn't so clear for others.

I'll probably end up changing the wording so that it's simple, for everyone.

If you make it to the Rainbow gathering, enjoy.

P

pigpen

there was nothing unclear to me about your wording, I was stating my opinion about your methods.

As for there being nothing for kids to do, I looked at the schedule (and the rest of the page) and I personally don't know any children who don't like food and music.

My hope is not to discourage you from doing your own thing or to insult you, but if you don't want to hear my feedback then ignore me and I'll stop engaging you.

Andrea Van Scoyoc

Nomad Missionary & Tree Hugging Jesus Freak
Reaction score
There's nothing you could say that would discourage me from hosting this event.

But negativity, I'm not down with, so the ignoring part, I can definitely do and will do so after this post.

Good luck on your path, journey, adventure...

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
if either of you would like to discuss it any further, i'd please ask that you create a new thread since it's kind of derailing this thread. thanks!

1keg

Reaction score
South dakoda most likely the council meeting is there there talking black forest national park but who the fuck knows lol nobody's knows til the 17th

longhammer

Reaction score
I've read in several places the council will be there. But we won't even know the location of that till the 15th. So I'm leaving Spokane tomorrow and heading to Rapid City I think. If anyone knows of a chill spot to park and camp or some family in the area, let me know :)

JanuaryBell

Reaction score
I was just curious to see if anyone is heading in that direction. I'm on a woof farm and half of everyone leaving at the end of e month is going to the gathering. They say there's a good chance that's it'll take place in new England, but that's just floating around. I don't think the Rainbow people have decided just yet.

drode

Reaction score
I've been hearing rumors of Michigan. Never been to a gathering but some family I met in Pueblo, CO are gonna make their way there, so I'm like obligated.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads