R.I.P. Rosa | Squat the Planet

R.I.P. Rosa

SouthernFats

Reaction score
If anyone else knew her...you have probably gather by now that it was a herion overdose. Way aside from that, she was such a fucking doll amd such a beautiful human, inside and out. You'll be missed homegirl :,(
9361e06d-6aeb-4762-8c2d-47074245b16c.jpg

Reactions: Marc ebach67

Gwasher

Reaction score
How do people travel with this addiction? I assume it would be hard being sick all the time. Sorry for your loss. I also just lost my best friend of 20+ years 2 weeks ago. Heroin is a killer.

Reactions: SouthernFats

Groundmagnet

Reaction score
Shit man. Sorry for your loss. I bet she was such a chill person. I’m glad you are continuing on in her memory. Having a shot for Rosa. Heroin is a killer man, lost too many good people to it.

Katbearfoot

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
For real, man. The whole "War on Drugs" only made the problem worse. Shame to see another casualty of a war that should never have been fought. :(

It especially sucks because it is possible to be a heroin user and still live a long life, if the dosage is correct. But it’s illegal, so people never know how strong the stuff is.. one day they get some that’s stronger than what they’re used to and that’s it.

It’s a painless way to go, but it’s so unnecessary for us to lose our friends that way.

I’m going to Portugal next month. They have decriminalized all drugs there, and guess what? It’s had incredibly positive effects. Drastic decrease in HIV and overdoses.. and probably a drastically more mentally and physically healthy population. Way to go Portugal!

Whose coming with me? Haha (remember that scene in half baked?) Who’s coming WITH me, man?..

Katbearfoot

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
Every last one of us knows somebody - I lost my only nephew 5 years ago. I saw your friend's face & I lost my shit... View attachment 45717

Cute!
I feel like the best thing we can do is remember how awesome our loved ones were, and incorporate that awesomeness into our lives. I used to feel sorry for my friend who overdosed, but if you think about it, that doesn’t make sense. I saw a movie called ‘Children who Chase Lost Voices’, and in it someone said something like “don’t pity the dead. It is healthy to mourn our loved ones, but save your pity for the living. The dead do not suffer.” That idea really helped me. Once I moved past my own fear of death, I was able to remember how wonderful my loved ones were, instead of just being sad they were dead. They were wonderful people! And death happens to the best of us. (Smiles with tears in eyes)

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Damnit. Always sad to hear another loss due to the chokehold of addiction.

I'm sorry for everyone's loss related to this persons essence upon their lives.

Much love, and safe travels to everyone out there.

Reactions: Hazardoussix6six

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
For real, man. The whole "War on Drugs" only made the problem worse. Shame to see another casualty of a war that should never have been fought. :(

The War on... Is a sham. Just legalize everything, cut the middle man out, regulate it + offer safe injection sites, propagate harm reduction, tax lightly + we're gold.

Reactions: roughdraft

Gwasher

Reaction score
It especially sucks because it is possible to be a heroin user and still live a long life, if the dosage is correct. But it’s illegal, so people never know how strong the stuff is.. one day they get some that’s stronger than what they’re used to and that’s it.

It’s a painless way to go, but it’s so unnecessary for us to lose our friends that way.

I’m going to Portugal next month. They have decriminalized all drugs there, and guess what? It’s had incredibly positive effects. Drastic decrease in HIV and overdoses.. and probably a drastically more mentally and physically healthy population. Way to go Portugal!

Whose coming with me? Haha (remember that scene in half baked?) Who’s coming WITH me, man?..

IM just throwing it out there, ive never known one person to live a long healthy life on heroin. Ive also seen someone OD right in front of me and it def wasn't painless. They were convulsing and puking and trying to scream for help, it was horrifying.

Katbearfoot

Reaction score
Website
ello.co
IM just throwing it out there, ive never known one person to live a long healthy life on heroin. Ive also seen someone OD right in front of me and it def wasn't painless. They were convulsing and puking and trying to scream for help, it was horrifying.

I was under the impression that living a long life was possible, maybe not a healthy one, but I could be entirely wrong. And maybe the effects of addiction are too ravaging, and maybe the drug itself is more damaging than I realized.

I’m so sorry to hear about that horrifying experience. I was not around when my friend overdosed. I know that heroin/ opiates can be powerful painkillers, so I was under the impression it was painless. I read someone’s first hand experience of overdosing (then later being revived) and they said that the OD itself was just like “oh shit, maybe I took too much”, euphoria, then passing out. They said it was the “being brought back” that was painful. But apparently that’s not how it happens for everyone.

It sucks and is horrible and my heart goes out to anyone who has had to struggle with it or known anyone who has.

Groundmagnet

Reaction score
It may or not be a painless death for the person who unfortunately overdoses, but it is most definitely painful for those who knew and loved the person.

I saw a documentary on TV about heroin once. It said that dealers will spike some of their offerings with fatal doses of Fentanyl because it apparently sends a message to other users their stuff is strong shit. I guess heroin decks are branded with logos or something? I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm not into the heroin game. Sad regardless.

Slingshot Collective

Reaction score
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
Sorry for your loss. She used to post on tumblr as filthy-and-free, and one of our ex-members used to correspond with her. We share space with a needle exchange, and hopefully injection sites will become legal in California and another state or two soon. Until then, everyone should know the laws and how to use NARCAN.

Reaction score
Catbearwolf and gwasher.... I was all mad untill I looked at ur pictures. Don’t hikack this girls page with ur opinions on dope. That shit kills everything it touches. Portugal is so small you can’t compare statistics. Rest In Peace. Narcan saves lives

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads