R.I.P. Rosa

Threads
Current Location
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reactions
92% 0% 8%
If anyone else knew her...you have probably gather by now that it was a herion overdose. Way aside from that, she was such a fucking doll amd such a beautiful human, inside and out. You'll be missed homegirl :,(
9361e06d-6aeb-4762-8c2d-47074245b16c-jpg.45703_R.I.P. Rosa_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_11:38 PM

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
If anyone else knew her...you have probably gather by now that it was a herion overdose. Way aside from that, she was such a fucking doll amd such a beautiful human, inside and out. You'll be missed homegirl :,( View attachment 45703
That's sad. Sorry for your loss.

Threads
Current Location
Out there
Reactions
97% 1% 2%
Bummer even when I didnt know the person. Way too common these days. Be careful out there folks.

Threads
Current Location
Portugal
Website
ello.co
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
She looks like a really cool interesting person. I wish heroine were legal and regulated, so people wouldn’t OD so easily. I lost my friend Kristofer that way too. He was rad.
6a83fc18-6e0f-41e6-ab85-a7f2d21f3fea-jpeg.45707_R.I.P. Rosa_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_9:56 PM

Threads
Current Location
Copper Mountain, CO
Reactions
98% 0% 3%
Fuck dude...Sorry to hear that. It's always rough losing someone, especially to an OD.

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
travelin fucked up was my experience for 10 + years. i can't imagine it sober. it's just a part of the life (for some), though it doesn't have to be.

Threads
Current Location
north ga
Reactions
98% 3% 0%
How do people travel with this addiction? I assume it would be hard being sick all the time. Sorry for your loss. I also just lost my best friend of 20+ years 2 weeks ago. Heroin is a killer.

palmazon

Doppelgängster
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
La Habra, CA
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
heartbreaking

Threads
Current Location
Indiana, USA
Reactions
97% 0% 3%
I wish heroine were legal and regulated, so people wouldn’t OD so easily.
For real, man. The whole "War on Drugs" only made the problem worse. Shame to see another casualty of a war that should never have been fought. :(

Threads
Current Location
Woodstock, NY
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Shit man. Sorry for your loss. I bet she was such a chill person. I’m glad you are continuing on in her memory. Having a shot for Rosa. Heroin is a killer man, lost too many good people to it.

Threads
Current Location
Portugal
Website
ello.co
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
For real, man. The whole "War on Drugs" only made the problem worse. Shame to see another casualty of a war that should never have been fought. :(
It especially sucks because it is possible to be a heroin user and still live a long life, if the dosage is correct. But it’s illegal, so people never know how strong the stuff is.. one day they get some that’s stronger than what they’re used to and that’s it.

It’s a painless way to go, but it’s so unnecessary for us to lose our friends that way.

I’m going to Portugal next month. They have decriminalized all drugs there, and guess what? It’s had incredibly positive effects. Drastic decrease in HIV and overdoses.. and probably a drastically more mentally and physically healthy population. Way to go Portugal!

Whose coming with me? Haha (remember that scene in half baked?) Who’s coming WITH me, man?..

palmazon

Doppelgängster
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
La Habra, CA
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Every last one of us knows somebody - I lost my only nephew 5 years ago. I saw your friend's face & I lost my shit...
img_0975-jpg.45717_R.I.P. Rosa_Obituaries_Squat the Planet_9:20 PM

Threads
Current Location
Portugal
Website
ello.co
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Every last one of us knows somebody - I lost my only nephew 5 years ago. I saw your friend's face & I lost my shit... View attachment 45717
Cute!
I feel like the best thing we can do is remember how awesome our loved ones were, and incorporate that awesomeness into our lives. I used to feel sorry for my friend who overdosed, but if you think about it, that doesn’t make sense. I saw a movie called ‘Children who Chase Lost Voices’, and in it someone said something like “don’t pity the dead. It is healthy to mourn our loved ones, but save your pity for the living. The dead do not suffer.” That idea really helped me. Once I moved past my own fear of death, I was able to remember how wonderful my loved ones were, instead of just being sad they were dead. They were wonderful people! And death happens to the best of us. (Smiles with tears in eyes)

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Barstow, CA
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Damnit. Always sad to hear another loss due to the chokehold of addiction.

I'm sorry for everyone's loss related to this persons essence upon their lives.

Much love, and safe travels to everyone out there.

ScumRag

Wanderer
Lifetime Supporter
Threads
Current Location
San Diego, CA
Reactions
92% 1% 7%
The War on... Is a sham. Just legalize everything, cut the middle man out, regulate it + offer safe injection sites, propagate harm reduction, tax lightly + we're gold.

Threads
Current Location
north ga
Reactions
98% 3% 0%
It especially sucks because it is possible to be a heroin user and still live a long life, if the dosage is correct. But it’s illegal, so people never know how strong the stuff is.. one day they get some that’s stronger than what they’re used to and that’s it.

It’s a painless way to go, but it’s so unnecessary for us to lose our friends that way.

I’m going to Portugal next month. They have decriminalized all drugs there, and guess what? It’s had incredibly positive effects. Drastic decrease in HIV and overdoses.. and probably a drastically more mentally and physically healthy population. Way to go Portugal!

Whose coming with me? Haha (remember that scene in half baked?) Who’s coming WITH me, man?..
IM just throwing it out there, ive never known one person to live a long healthy life on heroin. Ive also seen someone OD right in front of me and it def wasn't painless. They were convulsing and puking and trying to scream for help, it was horrifying.

Threads
Current Location
Portugal
Website
ello.co
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
IM just throwing it out there, ive never known one person to live a long healthy life on heroin. Ive also seen someone OD right in front of me and it def wasn't painless. They were convulsing and puking and trying to scream for help, it was horrifying.
I was under the impression that living a long life was possible, maybe not a healthy one, but I could be entirely wrong. And maybe the effects of addiction are too ravaging, and maybe the drug itself is more damaging than I realized.

I’m so sorry to hear about that horrifying experience. I was not around when my friend overdosed. I know that heroin/ opiates can be powerful painkillers, so I was under the impression it was painless. I read someone’s first hand experience of overdosing (then later being revived) and they said that the OD itself was just like “oh shit, maybe I took too much”, euphoria, then passing out. They said it was the “being brought back” that was painful. But apparently that’s not how it happens for everyone.

It sucks and is horrible and my heart goes out to anyone who has had to struggle with it or known anyone who has.

Threads
Current Location
Woodstock, NY
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
It may or not be a painless death for the person who unfortunately overdoses, but it is most definitely painful for those who knew and loved the person.

I saw a documentary on TV about heroin once. It said that dealers will spike some of their offerings with fatal doses of Fentanyl because it apparently sends a message to other users their stuff is strong shit. I guess heroin decks are branded with logos or something? I don't know if that is true or not, but I'm not into the heroin game. Sad regardless.

Threads
Current Location
Berkeley Calif
Website
slingshot.tao.ca
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Sorry for your loss. She used to post on tumblr as filthy-and-free, and one of our ex-members used to correspond with her. We share space with a needle exchange, and hopefully injection sites will become legal in California and another state or two soon. Until then, everyone should know the laws and how to use NARCAN.