PVC bongos | Squat the Planet

PVC bongos

JungleBoots

Reaction score
i never actually made this myself yet but i got the idea from watching a bill nye the science guy episode. one of the kids on the show took small peices of pvc plastic put it in boiling water. the plastic became.. well plastic, malliable like clay. he formed them into vampire teeth that he just stuck to his canines and let cool. it seemed really cool and fairly simple.

im thinking about taking some of the PVC piping left sitting out at nearby dumpsides and such sawing down the length to about eight or so inches boiling it in a big tin bucket of water. and using the mallability of the plastic to taper the cylinder into a slight conical shape. then let it cool.

of course you dont actualy have to boil the plastic, just use it as is i suppose but i really want to try this so im gunna... soon. and ill tell you all if it works out.

after that its just a matter of getting hold of some rawhide, streatching and fixing it to the now cone shaped drum.

as i said never did it yet, which is why the post is undetailed but now that ive posted this it means i have to actually do it so i can tell you all if it actually worked or not.

tallhorseman

Reaction score
I don't like having paraphernalia lying about. Be careful.

That being said, I'd like to see the pics also.

E.

JungleBoots

Reaction score
Yeah thats the coolest thing.... finding rawhide how 2s... thats always been a big issue with me, and why i never made the drum yet. I never knew how to get a hold of head material.

but you know when i finally grow the balls to get out of this house and into a cozy squatt downtown ill have to make oodles and oodles of homemade instruments. what else am i going to do? AND THEN I CAN SELL THEM!

ferretwakeup

Reaction score
hey hey
let me know if this works out
that would be pretty cool

and jungle boots there is a pretty cool drum circle place every wed. night in det. at the golden gate cafe i believe its called

just got back from it
it gets pretty intense sometimes

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads