pretty sweet way to travel- paid to drive and bike for free | Squat the Planet

pretty sweet way to travel- paid to drive and bike for free

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
coming up from miami last month i got a ride with this guy rick who had his harley in his semi-trailer. when he didn't have any moving jobs lined up he'd pull her out and go revving around the countryside. when he picked me up he'd just gone to sturgis with his yamaha and was about to go to long island on his other bike.
you could do this w/ a bicycle, it'd even fit in the truck and not the trailer.
of course most trucking companies don't like to give you time off, this guy had a special deal cause he was a mover and sort of owned his own truck.
but you could always tell them your hours are up for the week and go cycling in the rockies or something....
this dude had a pretty sweet deal if you don't count having spent 11 years in wyoming federal prison :side:

Reactions: Matt Derrick
M

Mouse

pretty sweet way to travel- paid to drive and bike for fr

sounds like a sweet set up. I've always considered the whole trucker thing for a job..but my shitty driving recored might hinder me (I'm a DUI magnet :( ) but maybe if I worked and saved up to get my own vechicle it'd work out.

I was thinking that whenever I end up getting my van I'd work with it as a moving van and earn money like that when I'm on the road.

I

iago

pretty sweet way to travel- paid to drive and bike for fr

i got a ride from a trucker with the same exact set up. could have been the same guy. he drove a black truck with flames all over it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads