Places to hang out in Memphis

bryanpaul

Reaction score
there's a dude on here "dprogram" from that area.... he could probably point you in the right direction, might wanna msg. him in case he doesnt see this thread............ the only two times i've been there were 1) just there workin, so not really chillin/hangin out and 2)basically rolled in and rolled out within a matter of hours so we didnt hang out.........i had my eyes WIDE OPEN lookin for travelin kids while i was there workin since i had a pocket full of money and wanted to blow it...never saw any.............i guess beale st. would be a good bet, although it seemed like you wouldnt last too long panhandling or hangin out there with packs on

Doobie_D

The Slack Action Hero
Reaction score
I don't think many travelers make it to Memphis.

Theres 5 class 1 railroads that cross in Memphis. Not to mention its one of those east coast to west coast railroad towns. IE. switch from say NS to UP etc. But then again i guess most "travelers" these days never seem to make it away from the west coast unless their taking "the sand line"

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
We didn't see a soul in a solid week..
Theres 5 class 1 railroads that cross in Memphis. Not to mention its one of those east coast to west coast railroad towns. IE. switch from say NS to UP etc. But then again i guess most "travelers" these days never seem to make it away from the west coast unless their taking "the sand line"

bryanpaul

Reaction score
shut the fuck up derek.!.......dude aint talkin about trains...he's wonderin where some people to hang out with are....and i agree with the sentiment that not too many travelers hang out there unless they got business there.....or like crack alot.......i'll give it to ya on the "sand line" tho....if there was ever a sand line it'd be the UP "coast line"....ANYWAY......memphis aint one of them traveler "hotspots".....so it might take some diggin to find the transients.....fer real tho if you were to go by the train yards there and ask the local crackheads where the people with the bib overalls and face tattoos and big ol' backpacks hang out... ya might get turned on to a jungle or somethin...but dont expect anyone to be there.....and if anyone reading this wants the location of the best cardboard cowboy/cheddar wrangler pasture 'o plenty sit and look dumb holding a sign spot in all the memphis area............holla at me

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
shut the fuck up derek.!.......dude aint talkin about trains...he's wonderin where some people to hang out with are....and i agree with the sentiment that not too many travelers hang out there unless they got business there.....or like crack alot.......i'll give it to ya on the "sand line" tho....if there was ever a sand line it'd be the UP "coast line"....ANYWAY......memphis aint one of them traveler "hotspots".....so it might take some diggin to find the transients.....fer real tho if you were to go by the train yards there and ask the local crackheads where the people with the bib overalls and face tattoos and big ol' backpacks hang out... ya might get turned on to a jungle or somethin...but dont expect anyone to be there.....and if anyone reading this wants the location of the best cardboard cowboy/cheddar wrangler pasture 'o plenty sit and look dumb holding a sign spot in all the memphis area............holla at me

Well i can tell everyone where it's not hahha.

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
but when i was memphis i just hung around by the catch out spnged the gas station got wendys and caught out... theres a really awesome abando by the dwarf signal though... pretty sick building. and no one ever make the mistake i made when it stops before memphis.... germantown tennessee worst place ever

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
Yup!! Easy catch too! So id assume you explored that abando too?? Pine bluff is really awesome as well. thats how i got out west most recently actaully... was staying up in Huntsville AL, got a ride to decauter hitched up to Muscle Shoals... rode to memphis - pine bluff - dallas. hitched to tulsa and then from tulsa to got a ride to Amarillo. then from amarillo to belen then stayed on till barstow.

baconrind

Reaction score
Stupid easy! Thats where I usually take my newbies. Are you talking about the warehouse with the open tractor trailer on the lot? Its further back from where I usually go though. Pine Bluff is a breeze if the mosquitos arent in full force. Had to take refuge in someones shed once. There was a matress in it so we threw that down and crashed for a couple hours. Went back the next year and it was just as we left it. I always see skunks in PB too.

HUMANCONTRAST

Reaction score
I waited by the trees the first time I was there where you first walk up on 3rd and Carolina but to much activity I found the warehoues is just as good and further back. Plus it was FREEZING. Lmao went through the whole building, and this crack head had them selves a nice lil crack pad. Her pipes were spread all over the place haha.

baconrind

Reaction score
Nah Pine Bluff is only 4 hours from Little Rock. My mom lives in a metal shack just south of the city and she usually makes me ham and beans when I visit. So Im on a mission kind of. Ha! I waited at the same spot as you my first time there then! 2nd time the train was waiting for me. Then the last time I found the warehouse and told the chick I was with "I want to check it out but theres probably crack heads in there."

We hijacked this guys thread. Its now the shaky ride to Pine Bluff thread. Dude just kick it at our hop out! Bring beer!

acer910

Reaction score
monday nights at the Lamplighter in Midtown, anarchists, anarcho syndicalists, likeminded people meet, get drunk, and argue. shits pretty fun

acer910

Reaction score
other then benching at kentucky st, isnt much else to do. Make a ton of money flying a sign by the flying J in Olive Branch, about a 7 hour walk from the BNSF im facility.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads