piercing/scars

sharks77

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i guess this fits in here, anyways what im wondering about is ive been thinking about getting my lip pierced, and if for whatever reason i want to take it out, is it going to leave a really noticeable scar? and if i do end up needing to take it out is it better to do it sooner or later?
i've done general google searches or whatever but what people says ranges from no scar to a huge hole being left in your face so i figured asking people who actually have piercings would probably make more sense...

also, how badly does it actually hurt?

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Well I got a scar on my lip from one, but its because the piercer put a ring on that didnt allow my lip to swell up so it stretched the hole instead. Make sure you get a big ring to let it swell or youll ahve to take it out and have a pretty noticable scar

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind about piercings in the mouth area is that it does make it more likely to chip your teeth...

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
fuck man. the only time my piercings chipped my teeth is when i fucking tried to bend a ring with my teeth.....bad idea.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
yeah I used to have my lip pierced and eventually was like whatever and took the little toothpick shard i kept in there out, it's a small scar but only the dentist and girls you kiss ever notice it
PS piercing are a waste of $, change who you are on the inside, not the outside, it really does not change who you are at all, that's my 2cents

Geoff

Reaction score
yeah I used to have my lip pierced and eventually was like whatever and took the little toothpick shard i kept in there out, it's a small scar but only the dentist and girls you kiss ever notice it
PS piercing are a waste of $, change who you are on the inside, not the outside, it really does not change who you are at all, that's my 2cents

i agree about the changing yourself part but a large part of body modification is symbolic to the individual. like when a close friend gives you a stick and poke for example. Whenever you look at it you're reminded of them and can kind of feel like they're always with you. the same can go for piercings, scarification, or whatever. People have been doing it for 1000's of years and though times have changed and 99% of people get tattoo's and piercings because they care what other people think and wanna look tuff or whatever i still think body modification is the shit...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads