Photos - Picture of your loaded bicycle | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Photos Picture of your loaded bicycle

Reaction score
New Zealand, pre covid. Built the bike in USA, it breaks down and fits in a regular bike box. I left it out there thinking I'd come back and keep riding, borders shut down a week after I got home.
20191228_151303.jpg

ohmegatron

Rocket surgeon, MD
Reaction score
I had one of those one wheel trailers, but it dissapeared while stored at my uncle's place (not his fault, his friend was helping him renovate, and my stuff wasn't the only stuff that went missing). I'm thinking of buying another one, since a lot of the space on my bike is going to be loaded up with ebike parts and I'll need a lot of space to ride across Canada. But considering the cost, I dunno.

Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
I had one of those one wheel trailers, but it dissapeared while stored at my uncle's place (not his fault, his friend was helping him renovate, and my stuff wasn't the only stuff that went missing). I'm thinking of buying another one, since a lot of the space on my bike is going to be loaded up with ebike parts and I'll need a lot of space to ride across Canada. But considering the cost, I dunno.

There Are some imitation B.O.B trailers out there that cost less and one breaks down as in its not all welded together like Bob. ONE Is made by nashbar, forget the others but my friends Bob clone seemed OK.

17 12ftx8x2 pressure treated not touring but moved em 5 miles on a flat Rail trail third trip of the day kicked my arse

Another good case for riding with a trailer is being able to carry weight off your frame lessens the wear on some parts I like having the extra capacity personally good for remote areas

Attachments

• 20230129_091511.jpg
    20230129_091511.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Reactions: laughingman

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I only got to put about 180 miles on this beauty before it was tragically stolen off the back of my van. But it will surely be missed. I got it off craigslist for $40 in Boise Idaho. It was one of my favorites for sure. I really wish we could have spent more miles together. But fate had other plans. Fuck Albequerque by the way! Thats where me and this baby were torn appart. Lost, but never forgotten View attachment 48617

I think we can all agree on this one. Fuck Albequerque.

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Here is the little walk around I did on my last pre covid bike tour. This was sort of a throw together set up from a thrift store an army surplus store and a bike shop. It was not idea but got me from the middle of California all the way up into Canadian border. I gave it away on the street and went home to the start of covid. I'm doing a Bike Friday build right now that should be my new touring setup.

Ive since learned to trim my beard while on tour.

• Useful
Reactions: The Toecutter

juniormustache

I'm just showing off my nails, I swear!
Reaction score
doing my first mini tour- impulsively decided to do so as I had to get from Dublin to limerick (close to there at least) and it was suggested to me that the best part of Ireland is the countryside. Bought myself a cheap folder on Facebook marketplace, a couple racks, some new brake pads, and I’m off! 10 hours deep and only 3 more to go tomorrow. If you’re wondering, yes I am quite slow haha. Unprepared but having a lovely time!

Attachments

• F3E38A77-7DB3-417C-8E61-CAF29A91291F.jpeg
    F3E38A77-7DB3-417C-8E61-CAF29A91291F.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 82
  • E9EA5B51-022E-44D7-B778-7A3EFA03E276.jpeg
    E9EA5B51-022E-44D7-B778-7A3EFA03E276.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • A06A41E7-9744-4C45-B031-4E69F1A2FDC6.jpeg
    A06A41E7-9744-4C45-B031-4E69F1A2FDC6.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 89

laughingman

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
doing my first mini tour- impulsively decided to do so as I had to get from Dublin to limerick (close to there at least) and it was suggested to me that the best part of Ireland is the countryside. Bought myself a cheap folder on Facebook marketplace, a couple racks, some new brake pads, and I’m off! 10 hours deep and only 3 more to go tomorrow. If you’re wondering, yes I am quite slow haha. Unprepared but having a lovely time!

Welcome to the world of bike touring. Ive been getting into the folding bike thing lately myself. Are you going to use any public transit on your trip? folding bikes can go on a lot of busses and trains at no extra charge if there in a bag. Let us know how the trip goes. Maybe do a report for the sight.

Reactions: Colinleath

Marticus

Reaction score
IMG_1751.jpeg
IMG_1750.jpeg

So this isn’t really for traveling. It’s my flatbed bike trailer. When my kids outgrew their kiddie trailer I tore the fabric off and bolted some planks to the frame. Works great for hauling heavy stuff and it can go where trucks can’t. Here I used it to haul invasive honeysuckle branches out of the woods to build a garden gate. I’ve also used it to gather rocks for building a stone wall.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads