Photos Picture of your loaded bicycle

Dunedrifter

Wanderer
Current Location
Eureka, California
That new world tourist looks really awesome! I might have found my next bike...
An unintended consequence of the low top bar (that you can easily step over), is that it makes it so much easier to stop and hop off to check something out. With the standard diamond frame bike, it’s more of a pain in the ass to hop on and off fully loaded, so you tend to just keep going.

I chose the orange color to double as being more visible to traffic, and a theft deterrent (not a popular color to steal, and more visible to find if it is stolen).

It folds up and fits into a suitcase that you can check as baggage on any airline (saving you at least $100). You can buy a kit to turn the suitcase into a trailer that the bike pulls, but I think it’s too wide for some busy roads, so I didn’t bother. In hindsight, I would’ve got drop handle bars instead of the H style handle bars.

I also have a Surly LHT (which I’m selling if anyone is interested...52cm) that I probably couldn’t tell the difference in feel if I was blindfolded. I probably have a little over $2k into it, but people easily put double that and more into a piece of shit car/van/bus that ultimately sucks their wallets dry while simultaneously destroying our planet.

Hawknerd

Pedal To The Metal
Current Location
Santa Fe
Recent pic. Riding through Salt River Canyon, Az, headed to Moab. Ritchey PTEAM frame, XT/XTR, Chris King hubs and BB. Surly Krampus 15mm TA fork and 24 pack rack. Revelate frame and rear bag. Roadrunner Jumbo Jammer bag and gas tank bag, Big Agnes tent. 3 gallon water capacity. 4-5 days food. Anker Solar panel. The list goes on and away I go... #gorideyourfuckingbicycle #pedalto_themetal

Attachments

Reactions: 4 people

HFungus

Lurker
Current Location
On the road... South Korea
Website
www.flickr.com
In Korea i was bored, so i found some bike on streets of Daegu and come with them to east coast and than to the nord, borders with another Korea. It was fifth times broken, so i let the bike be and walk thru the mauntains and hitchhike to Seoul. And here i bought a new one for 4000won (3eur) and i hope, that the airlines will be ok with them, because in three days i should board on fly to China and next day fly to US. Oh, the tube is didgeridoo.

Attachments

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com

BikePunky

Pilgrim
I deleted myself
Current Location
No
hey buddy, long time no see! that is a damn fine looking bike you got there, i love the orange and black stripes! saw your tumblr, you should (re)post some of your stories on StP some time (include links to your blog to promote that here!). where have you been on this bad ass bike?
They are actually florescent pink stripes, but look orange in some lighting. I just put masking tape on them, plastic primered, and spray painted. Just posted a little thread of pictures last night! But about 500 miles around the Cali coast.

george990

Rambler
Current Location
oregon
I only got to put about 180 miles on this beauty before it was tragically stolen off the back of my van. But it will surely be missed. I got it off craigslist for $40 in Boise Idaho. It was one of my favorites for sure. I really wish we could have spent more miles together. But fate had other plans. Fuck Albequerque by the way! Thats where me and this baby were torn appart. Lost, but never forgotten
50284319_234754607428019_132861149694656512_o-jpg.48617_Picture of your loaded bicycle_Bike Touring_Squat the Planet_5:54 PM

Reactions: 1 person

Similar threads

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Trying to decide between colorado and portland.
In Winslow, AZ, and then on to Holbrook, with the Box. Anyone around these parts?
Takin a break from work to head up to Laramie for a few days to play some shows this weekend. Thank fuck, I need this.
BirdDaddy wrote on Tommythecat's profile.
Welcome to STP man!
BirdDaddy wrote on jypzi's profile.
You deleted you?
ALmost to Vegas, and I started getting dizzy

I am not made for the ruggedness of traveling all the time

Adieu
My eyes are A okay!!! I guess floaters squiggly lines heat waves flashing lights cloudy and blurred vision are normal...I guess. It's new to me, and realy hard tk.get use to. I have had better than perfact vision my entire life. I still do too, I just have shit in my field of vision somtimes nowadays I guess
Just did my first single handed sailing trip. Video to come if I can figure out how to edit video clips

Staff online

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
Defecatingspangers