Paying for a Greyhound Route Stop but Going to Final Destination

Jammy

Reaction score
I am thinking about buying a greyhound ticket from Toronto, ON to Buffalo, NY but actually staying on the bus and riding all the way to NYC. Would I be able to get away with this? Do they check tickets at layovers? It's stopping at Rochester for 50 minutes, Syracause for 35 and Binghampton for 5 before reaching NYC.

Tadaa

Reaction score
Btw.. check mega bus and other low cost bus compagnies.. a loooot cheaper if your lucky.. cheaper in general. Plus nicer busses

Reactions: Koala

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
it doesn't hurt to try but like others said you're probably better off riding a megabus or china town bus, since you'll likely to be able to get all the way to your destination for the same price youre playing to go to buffalo.

D

deleted user

If you make friends with someone who has a ticket on the bus, you could probably ask for their reboarding pass because with a ticket they can just get another one. I've lost passes on legitimate rides and it's all they look at to hand out another one.

Now if there's a layover on that route to switch drivers, they will look at tickets again. Risky, but maybe possible.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads