Parking your van during the day.

kaity23

Reaction score
So I have been really lucky and only have been towed once. Put its my biggest fear while living in my van. I'd rather get a ticket for camping than getting my car towed. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of places to leave my car during the day when exploring new towns. Obviously there are designated places that say they will tow, but is there any that won't? I know walmarts and shit like that, but walmarts arent always the closest place to where you're heading. Its not a big deal to walk but I'm just looking for other ideas.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
basically think of the same places you would sleep at night. hospital parking lots, park and ride lots, on the edges of downtown where residential areas start, boat loading docks and fishing areas ect. free parking spots are endless if you know where to look.

Reactions: kaity23

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
I just park in the prime metered spots and then either burn the parking tickets or wipe my ass with them.

I'm sure if you left your whip there for 24 hours + they'd tow you, but it takes time for the cities to default you on your tickets. Usually they give you 1 week-1 month, and by that time I'm long gone. I have close to 1000$ of tickets in Portland. One of the advantages of being a traveller.

Reactions: skitter and kaity23

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads