official declaration of takeover | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

official declaration of takeover

Muffin Mouth

Reaction score
Now thats a lot like what I've seen. Thank you very much for that resource! Can you explain the video this is taken from though i might want to watch it?
I came across it while listening to Danbert Nobacon's solo album on youtube and remembered that you were looking for something like it. There is lots of other little gems of squatter eye candy sprinkled throughout. I hope everything is going well with your takeover.

Reactions: Juan Derlust

void gaze

Reaction score
"possession is nine tenths of the law" not really though... i would remind that u.s. law is very very strongly biased towards property rights above civil or human rights, and cops are very biased against the poor and tend to go by that rather than always follow the actual law, especially when no one else is around to see. if you are looking to settle in, i hope it works - you should really make a careful study of the laws and statutes that pertain to adverse possession and standards around occupancy/tenancy where you are living. eviction can be a very complicated thing (although a lot of u.s. jurisdictions have streamlined it since the late 00s foreclosure wave and subsequent increase in squatting) but arresting someone for trespassing is definitely not. i don't think anything anyone on this site could tell you should be considered a substitute for knowing the actual laws and regulations that apply to your situation so that you can get around them or use them to your advantage. it seems like you have a good grasp of the basic idea but these laws and rules can differ by state, county or town/city

Reactions: Muffin Mouth

Sleyeborg

Reaction score
Yoooooo santa fe nm???? I would like to be a satellite to your hub. Been squatting at some places. But honestly no one has joined up. Anyway, if any of your squat fam needs a place to stay on the way to Carlsbad or el Paso hmu cause I got some squatting places around here.

Reactions: nastynaty

Sleyeborg

Reaction score
Yoooooo santa fe nm???? I would like to be a satellite to your hub. Been squatting at some places. But honestly no one has joined up. Anyway, if any of your squat fam needs a place to stay on the way to Carlsbad or el Paso hmu cause I got some squatting places around here.

About the legal shit, you really just need to document it. Like for me I made an instagram @daspunkhaus (now I'm changing it to @occupy.abandoned (lost passkey) but anyway i just take pictures that say fuck bank of america and show how I make improvements. Then after 10 years in nm you can use these to declare adverse possession. I don't think there is much of a template. You could write a poem about how man was born free and property is theft. It would suffice. (May not stop people from trying to stop you though). What I feel is best at stopping people from squashing the vibe of the squat is normalising the squat with a semi functional sense of community in some way, and that is why people are needed. Anyway, just maybe talking out my ass here. But I'd love to stop by next time I'm in Santa fe.

Reactions: marmar and Ekstasis

weirdshit

Reaction score
This link might help a bit it's for Texas but I'm sure the steps are similar for most states.

And I attached a avidavit of adverse possession document out of Texas which might give you a good starting point for what you need.
0731met_squatter_document.tif.jpg
Don't forget to get your document notarized too. Hope this helped in someway.

Attachments

• 0731met_squatter_document.tif.jpg
    0731met_squatter_document.tif.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 269

nastynaty

Reaction score
Website
www.readdesert.org
Thanks everyone for the adverse possession advice and resources. Im not seeking adverse possession really just tenancy. Im sure i will eventually want to have a place to call my own but it probably isn't going to be here. I'm am just working on some projects here in the local diy scene for a little while and squatting to have a place for me and those who need it. Thats why im only trying to scare off potential door knockers.

Reactions: Sleyeborg

Sleyeborg

Reaction score
Omg same here. 100 percent. Being a tenant, adversely possessing. Might as well be the same. Just throw monkey wrenches in the gears and be good to your place until you move on. Hopefully others will benefit. I'll have to make a trip up next month.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads