Newbie Nomad

ayyyjayyy

Godzillerator
Reaction score
I will also say though one more thing, the wilderness is a very different place from traveling and squatting big (or smaller) cities/towns. It's a whole new fuckin jungle and although some of your survival tools and knowledge will help you there... It's a whole new world compared to Alaskan or wherever wilderness. So many different dangers. Anyway. That's all from me. End.

Alaska

Reaction score
I will also say though one more thing, the wilderness is a very different place from traveling and squatting big (or smaller) cities/towns. It's a whole new fuckin jungle and although some of your survival tools and knowledge will help you there... It's a whole new world compared to Alaskan or wherever wilderness. So many different dangers. Anyway. That's all from me. End.

Yeah, of course. However, many of said skills will help out in areas not many other travelin' folk have right off the bat. Not even just the skills, but the life experience of harsh and unwieldy conditions is anything but a detriment.

Yes, though. Don't expect your record of gutting a dozen fish in a minute to help you if some man in a trench coat pulls out his willy.

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
[quote="Kodiak, post: 88819"Ya, I have yuppie gear. I love peak bagging and climbing mountains so I have a few fancy things. Gas stove, Good tent and sleeping back, a modern backpack.
.[/quote]

no shame in fancy gear, my man... fuck the ones that are too cool to have nice stuff.. just enjoy it while youre walking tall with a nice comfy bag and they are all hunched over walking around..

Kodiak

Reaction score
Yeah, of course. However, many of said skills will help out in areas not many other travelin' folk have right off the bat. Not even just the skills, but the life experience of harsh and unwieldy conditions is anything but a detriment.

Yes, though. Don't expect your record of gutting a dozen fish in a minute to help you if some man in a trench coat pulls out his willy.

That was scares me a bit. When I normally live out in the woods for a week or few have my fixed blade hanging from my belt, but I am guessing there could be legal issues with that seeing its a six inch blade. Nothing scary, just a bushcraft knife. I would guess this would guess me to loose many rides too haha.

12xPUKEx12

Reaction score

I personally feel way less scared of crackheads and homebums than I do mountain lions and bears and shit, ive never kicked a mountain lion in the nuts and watched him run away crying.
Kodiak I think you will be just fine out here on the rails/road. Also, anyone whos been out here a while knows theres nothing wrong with having nice gear, your gear is more important on a train, than patches, heroin, whiskey and all the dumb shit kids spend their money on. And people will only steal your shit if you let them, just be weary until you really get to know someone.
Good luck safe travels, if you decide to ride freight hope to see you out here

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads