New Squat in Rockford needs kids!

M

Mady

We are looking for kids to come out and share this wonderful place with us during the summer, otherwise we are probably going to have to leave it behind! There is TONS of room, and well take in as many kids at we can! This is a drug/alchohol free squat, so no tweekers please. If we dont get enough people anyone is welcome to take it for themselves. Its in Rockford, an hour or so outside chicago. Extremly isolated (No neighbors) Sorounded in a small forest, and even has like 3 litte garage things. 3 storys. Its off I-90. It also has ELECTRICITY! Which means a working stove, and space heaters :p! Lights all work, fully furnished, tons of old shit to dig through. Surplus of blankets and stuff! Contact me or Deed Klepto for details. There is also a ton of picture of it in the Album section on the second page.

A

AntiProduct

I'll talk to my friend about going to rockford. Were traveling sometime in May. We might be going near rockford but im not really sure.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
it looks great, i would like to visit if not live there... any info on the landlord/owner situation? any danger of it being busted soon? feel free to pm me if you dont wanna post that stuff here...

M

Mady

Ok so get this, on further inspection the squat has this fucking GORGEOUS silo that lights up in the daytime in the most fucking archaeic and amazing way... I cant even use words ill post some pictures later. This place just gets more amazing everyday.

D

Deed Klepto

I live in Rockford. So if anyone wants to come out let me know, because Mady probably wont be back out here until May.

Post edited by: Deed Klepto, at: 2007/03/15 07:26

C

chickenbone

sounds too cool to be true. how isnt this ALREADY shut down? I am down, I wont be leaving the NW for a couple more weeks and I need to find a place in the midwest to chill while I plan and scheme.

what is the address? can you see it from the highway? could i get directions? I'll show up for the hell of it.

ben-david

Reaction score
what is the address? can you see it from the highway? could i get directions? I'll show up for the hell of it.

ditto, if you could pm info that would be great... that is if its still going, im going through there in a few months and would even consider staying for a while on the way back

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
So I ran into Deeds in Portland a couple months ago and I'm assuming this is the same squat thing she was talking about then..

She basically said that someone got wind of it and came out to help a few times, then started bringing sketchy friends who eventually had parties out there. The kids trashed the place in a really crappy way (spray paint, food on walls, broken windows, etc..). Sooner rather than later if I remember correctly the cops showed up at a party, the landlord was notified and he had the place dozed.

Sad story, sounds like it was an awesome place.

D

Deed Klepto

Yea, Macs has the whole story correct. Thats exactly what happened. The place no longer exists. The electricity was on until the day the landlord found out. There is stuff out in Rockford that is Squat-able. PM me and I will let you know.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads