new / hopped first train

Pinky

Formerly 'wil'
Threads
Current Location
So Cal
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
hey my name's will i'm pretty new to the lifestyle been out less than a week. i mean i was sleeping in tents most the summer doing dock labor in AK, so I sorta had the idea of things.

but ya i'm 19 always been interested in travelling made friends with a bunch of travel kids in alaska and it resparked my desire to travel a bit. i took a plane down to seattle for 100 bucks last week wit my gear and hitched down the coast a bit until i ended up in Eugene.

i heard it was an easy place to hop a train and did my research so i was like fuck it im gonna hop a train. found the hop out and got some good tips from a couple kids there and ya i took a junk train down to klamath falls last night. It was pretty fucking gnarly, wow. That was some awesome shit.

In K falls now, charging up my phone, doing a bit more train research, and figuring out where to head next. Dunno if i'll hitch or try and hop out again, we'll see. But ya just wanted to introduce myself.

Also it would be sweet to meet more queer travelers, im glad there's such a large community of em out there! :)

Threads
Current Location
outside omaha
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Cool story, welcome to the site

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Threads
Current Location
Sedona, AZ
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
Welcome to the site and to the railz! Gay oogles 4eva! :)

Matt Derrick

Nomadologist
Staff member
Admin
Threads
Current Location
Walla Walla, WA
Website
youtube.com
Reactions
99% 0% 1%
welcome to the site, don't forget to upload a profile pic and fill out your profile!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
StP Supporter
Threads
Current Location
Flagstaff, AZ
Website
www.youtube.com
Reactions
96% 0% 4%
Just have a heads up in K falls, it's a hot place to catch out of. Better at night.

OP
OP
Pinky

Pinky

Formerly 'wil'
Threads
Current Location
So Cal
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Threads
Current Location
Denver, Colorado
Reactions
93% 0% 7%
Good stuff , good stuff ! Hoping trains is fun . I recently had my longest ride of 5 hrs. from Sunset into the night. The coolest part was when the train stopped out in the middle of nowhere at night. I climbed to the top of the car , smoked a bowl and watched the stars. Anyhew welcome to STP and maybe we will cross paths one day. Stay cool , takecare and have fun . Later !

Threads
Current Location
On the road
Reactions
98% 0% 2%
Why would you ever leave that great country of Alaska to come to the authoritarian U.S. of A?! JK

OP
OP
Pinky

Pinky

Formerly 'wil'
Threads
Current Location
So Cal
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Why would you ever leave that great country of Alaska to come to the authoritarian U.S. of A?! JK
Man that's exactly how i felt after leaving. That place is fucking great. When I settle down, that's where I'll be.

OP
OP
Pinky

Pinky

Formerly 'wil'
Threads
Current Location
So Cal
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
What part of AK did you live in?
I lived near Dillingham
A small town called Homer. Lotta tourists, but had that small town feel still. Jobs hired anyone on the spot. Staying there was a lotta fun.

Threads
Current Location
Southern CA
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey, I’m new also. That’s cool that you took the leap. Welcome!

OP
OP
Pinky

Pinky

Formerly 'wil'
Threads
Current Location
So Cal
Reactions
100% 0% 0%
Hey, I’m new also. That’s cool that you took the leap. Welcome!
Yeah bro, it was totally worth it. Im in fucking love with this lfe.

Threads
Current Location
Slab city
Reactions
98% 1% 1%
dude you gotta do the k falls to eugene during the daytime. prettiest stretch of country in the lower 48. welcome!