new / hopped first train | Squat the Planet

new / hopped first train

Pinky

Reaction score
hey my name's will i'm pretty new to the lifestyle been out less than a week. i mean i was sleeping in tents most the summer doing dock labor in AK, so I sorta had the idea of things.

but ya i'm 19 always been interested in travelling made friends with a bunch of travel kids in alaska and it resparked my desire to travel a bit. i took a plane down to seattle for 100 bucks last week wit my gear and hitched down the coast a bit until i ended up in Eugene.

i heard it was an easy place to hop a train and did my research so i was like fuck it im gonna hop a train. found the hop out and got some good tips from a couple kids there and ya i took a junk train down to klamath falls last night. It was pretty fucking gnarly, wow. That was some awesome shit.

In K falls now, charging up my phone, doing a bit more train research, and figuring out where to head next. Dunno if i'll hitch or try and hop out again, we'll see. But ya just wanted to introduce myself.

Also it would be sweet to meet more queer travelers, im glad there's such a large community of em out there! :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
welcome to the site, don't forget to upload a profile pic and fill out your profile!

Reactions: Pinky

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Just have a heads up in K falls, it's a hot place to catch out of. Better at night.

Its Anton

Reaction score
Good stuff , good stuff ! Hoping trains is fun . I recently had my longest ride of 5 hrs. from Sunset into the night. The coolest part was when the train stopped out in the middle of nowhere at night. I climbed to the top of the car , smoked a bowl and watched the stars. Anyhew welcome to STP and maybe we will cross paths one day. Stay cool , takecare and have fun . Later !

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
Why would you ever leave that great country of Alaska to come to the authoritarian U.S. of A?! JK

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
What part of AK did you live in?
I lived near Dillingham

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
I've heard of Homer. It's so gorgeous there.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads