Need feedback on new comics I'm doin'

skiptown

Reaction score
Chattanooga, Olympia or Oakland. Sometimes Brookly
So this is my first time drawing comics. I have never really done this style of art, especially following a sequencial story line. I was hoping y'all could look at the first page and give me some feedback. Specifically things like what do you think is going on so far, what do you think the relationship is between the two characters, can you tell what all the drawings are (especially the food plate in the third frame), if the perspective looks ok and at least semi-realistic etc. I would greatly appreciate any pointers. My scanner sucks and made it kind of blurry and cut the edges off a bit, but I think its still pretty readable if you open it to the whole page.

comixspage1.jpg

comicspage2.jpg

Comicsexplodingheart.jpg

comicsIramandtenaya.jpg

comiccolby.jpg

comictenaya.jpg

Reactions: eske silver
B

Benny

Now i can read it. i saw the top bar but not the magnifying cursor. haha...i may be wrong but it looks like your ready to get the fuck out of Oakland. Are you writing over 99 probs but a bitch aint one?

B

Benny

I'm not sure what the relationship is between the characters but I know those are tacos by the limes and two tortillas on each one. You have great attention to detail. He's even drinking a Tecate.

D

dirty_feet

Oh my god tacos. Give me a mutha fuckin' TACO!!!!! Yeah - I could tell they were tacos - definitely.

Nice rooftop scene! I assumed a platonic relationship due to your positions on the couch, just hanging out and around.

I really like it - you did a good job!

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
it's sweet how everything isn't divided into boxes, but you can still follow it. those are definitely tacos. cool comix!

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I can tell what's going on, but the level of detail is pretty incredible and it looks time-consuming... I'd try to have a few squares have less detail, so that the more important parts of the story stick out more, that way I could save some time, but that just might be me.

zarathustra

Reaction score
Maybe you could add a bit more value/shading to draw the eye to important things...I've done a decent amount of graphic novel stuff, I'll upload something.

ReturnTrip

Reaction score
Youre comics are sick skip. you have real artistic talent. I draw some comics but most of them arent as detailed at all and they're just short strips of dry humor from someone whos done way too many hallucinogens:
Bolgia

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads