NATIONAL CALL TO ACTION | Squat the Planet

NATIONAL CALL TO ACTION

ERSK

Reaction score
Any anarchist, anti-fascists and anti-authoritarians in or around the Mexico/US border or those who can travel!
The refugee caravan headed towards the US border needs your help and protection from the fascist regime in power and it’s supporters! Estimated time of arrival is said to be about one week. The exact location of entrance is not yet known but updates will be posted as they come in. It’s party time comrades, let’s go show some love!

TheDesertMouse

Reaction score
there is no fucking way that caravan is walking from ciudad hidalgo to the U.S border in one week. It’s ~3000 miles depending on the route they take, they wont be here for months.

Most if not all of them will immediatly apply for asylum once they enter. Which they will be processed for, though many might get denied under the new asylum rules. Most of those people probably have no interest in being combative with the government even if their treated like shit. They just want too get here, and if nesicary dissapear and start a new life.

So what exactly is the plan? I’m not so sure a militant response is going to do any good if thats whats in the works. Especially since we dont know the governments plan yet.

Last edited:

Tadaa

Reaction score
totally supporting you here.. but where do you get the information from that they would be at the us border in a week ?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
yeah, a website or something with more information would be pretty useful.

Reactions: rustyshackleford541

ERSK

Reaction score
Apologies the ETA is wrong. It’s taken me a couple days to get back here. The groups involved organizing the welcoming party wish to remain anonymous and as soon as I find out where everyone will be meeting up I’ll post it. But for now this opens up the opportunity for you all to discuss the situation and make plan a of your own. I’d also like to add I never said anything about violence, at least on our side. Thank you all for your interest. I’ll be back

ERSK

Reaction score
Please help spread the word, networking and distribution of information will play a large role in helping this situation even if you can’t attend this act alone will help out in a really big way

DenoM

Reaction score
I smell a plant.
New account. No reputation. Asking for other people to go down there and put their life on the line against, what is essentially, a heavily armed military.

Same people putting down cash for ERSK are the same people paying to send thousands to the border who could no way afford it on their own:

The march has way too many military-aged men, with modern cell phones and nice clothes, to be anything but a giant stink bomb, cooked up by shit-stirrers.

D

Deleted member 20683

still you. for one super obvious point, your account is also brand new. facts and reason bro!!!!!11
now fuck off back to 4chan we don't like right wing trolls here

salxtina

Reaction score
Samaritans / No Mas Muertes and SOA Watch (which OP posted the link to) are legit, established groups with good human rights track records.

Their Border Encuentro [Nov 16-18] may or may not coincide w/ the arrival of Migrant Caravan, but if I was in that part of the country I'd want to go either way.

Current updates on the Caravan show the people arrived in Niltepec yesterday, in a general spirit of mutual aid and camaraderie with the local residents who are still recovering from earthquakes earlier this year:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/oct/30/mexico-town-welcomes-migrants-caravan-central-america

Reactions: ERSK
D

Deleted member 20683

the troops are mostly there to build prison camps in the desert to hold asylum seekers until their court dates (& also to rally the gop base for midterms). you'd think it would be cheaper to send judges to hear their cases but the pres has made pretty clear he wants to terrorize (brown) people out of coming here. the only problem is that central america is one of the poorest and most violent places on earth so people will keep fleeing it when they can to the nearest safe/hopeful place unless/until that changes.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads