My First Skoolie :)

Hylyx

Reaction score
Helll yeah that's gonna be warm as hell! That stove looks badass by the way. If I get a job at a shop I'll see if I can turn you a brass or wooden handle for the stove door.

L

LeftCoast

Here is a picture of the front end of the bus so far. It's really coming along, and is already about 85% completed. The Peat Moss Bus project has been a wonderful one. We have WiFi on board, a full solar array, and 15 gallons of potable water at a time. I think 15 gallons is awfully low, so it will be expanded in the near future. The floor is laminate, and costed only 220 dollars to complete. The wood framing is actually just a bunch of 1 x 2 that have been cut to fit and screwed in. The bus sleeps 4 comfortably and can accommodate more. The bus is also equipped with a pretty large deep rectangular sink and an indoor 5 burner natural gas range which has been converted to run on propane. I'm really happy with this whole project. This picture just shows 1/3 of the bus, obviously the front end. Once i finish the storage and whatnot I will post more pictures and keep everyone posted on the project. Always down to meet new faces in the Seattle area !
photo.JPG

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
man that thing is looking sweeter every day. did you have to put plywood on the roof before installing the slats?

L

LeftCoast

man that thing is looking sweeter every day. did you have to put plywood on the roof before installing the slats?
I literally just screwed them into the ribs on top. It was cake, and it doesn't look bad at all :) I left a spot for the chimney exposed for when I apply flashing later.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Why would it have less gallons per mile after you put another diesel tank in it?

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads