• IMG_2933.JPG
    IMG_2933.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 433
  • IMG_2935.JPG
    IMG_2935.JPG
    6.5 MB · Views: 492
D

Desert

Well.. There are so many images that it took my shitty laptop about 10 minutes just to start functioning properly lol

But that's a nice ride. What are your plans for it? How much did it cost you?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
dude, you don't know how lucky you are to have lower storage, especially if you're looking to do veg oil. you just got saved a ridiculous amount of work (gas tanks).

L

LeftCoast

I am really glad that I won't have to build entirely new framing underneath for new tanks etc. Also this bad boy has a 1,000 gallon tank for diesel right now :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I am really glad that I won't have to build entirely new framing underneath for new tanks etc. Also this bad boy has a 1,000 gallon tank for diesel right now :)

haha i think you mean "100" gallons. 1,000 would be absurd. but yeah, one of the compartments could be used to hold at least 50 gallons im guessing, leaving the other free for other storage.

also, i noticed you have the same wall lip my old bus had, which is awesome, it makes it waaaay easier to build the frames for beds, furniture, etc.

Hylyx

Reaction score
Damn, that's nice lookin! And is already gutted on the inside, that's a bonus!
I'm fuckin jealous.
::golf clap::

L

LeftCoast

Yes I rock this bus in Seattle. I love this bus so darn much. I just picked up an angle grinder so I can gut the rest of the seats out. Matt, I did mean to say 100 gallon tank. Shits a TANK. Can't wait to make her out to be some kind of wonderful :)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
sorry if this seems kinda obvious, but when you're cutting those seats out, you only need to grind the head off the screw, it should come straight out after that. also, you might want to save like 4 seats to make a living room area towards the front. you can turn two of the seats around so they're facing each other.

i forgot to mention i have all my old skoolie pics up on here:

http://squattheplanet.com/gallery/albums/thunderhorse-2009-2011.181/

it wasn't the most luxourious setup, but it was pretty good for how broke i was at the time.

L

LeftCoast

Matt, i was aware of the heads of the screws. Most of the screws broke somewhere about halfway in their own threading so cutting off the heads will have to be the means of removing them. I was going to get a restaurant booth seat (as they are often free here in Seattle and reupholster them with my Juki. Then put a nice little table inside the booth. Preferably a C shape booth as opposed to the two seats facing one another.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Matt, i was aware of the heads of the screws. Most of the screws broke somewhere about halfway in their own threading so cutting off the heads will have to be the means of removing them. I was going to get a restaurant booth seat (as they are often free here in Seattle and reupholster them with my Juki. Then put a nice little table inside the booth. Preferably a C shape booth as opposed to the two seats facing one another.

haha yeah, that sounds MUCH nicer :p

landpirate

campervan untilising nomadic traveller
Reaction score
So jealous LeftCoast. The is a beauty already, I can't even imagine it once you've done the conversion.

I'd love something like this, but to be able to drive a vehicle that big here in the UK I'd have to take another driving test on top of my standard licence and that costs loads of money.

What's the deal with what you're allowed to drive in the states on a standard driving licence?

Also Matt, I just noticed...Thunderhorse?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm looking at the pictures in tapatalk right now. There's a lot of pictures, so you just have to be patient.

L

LeftCoast

Well this bus is already coming out quite well. I have been doing work trades for tools and have accumulated an awful good load of tools that will save me hundreds here in the future. I cant wait to start building AND MOVING IN MY BUDDY MATT [come over and get your ass in my bus motherfucker].

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads