Photos My all american dirty dog trip - Miami to Detroit

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
I've had a lot of free time lately now that I'm not on the road so that's why I've been spamming y'all with my photos and travels and everything. :p

Since I'm a student, the only thing that keeps me from running out of lecture halls every day screaming is that I fit in travel as much as I can, sooooo I celebrated the end of the semester by doing 2 weeks by bus, hitting up 7 different cities. (It would have been longer but I had to be home for my cousins wedding. Oh, love. *sigh*)

Somehow in the past few years, I've racked up friends in all these places, who're willing to put me up for a few nights each, 3 of em from music festivals and 2 from Couchsurfing that I've kept in touch with. Was really cool to see old friends and see Kentucky and Tennessee, which I had never stepped foot in before.
screen-shot-2016-06-07-at-12-00-42-pm.png

I wish I could've hitched it instead of bussed it, but with my time restraints (which I seem to always have) I just bought a ton of $1 and $5 bus tix.

I did Megabus up from Miami to Louisville, KY then had to Dirty Dawg it from Louisville into Ohio then up to Detroit. Columbus to Pitt and back was in a car.

I was super lazy and tired from the end of the semester so I unfortunately didn't take my camera out of the bag the whole time but I got a few shots on my iPhone.

img_7182.jpg

Biking around Kennesaw, Georgia, right outside of Atlanta.

img_7296.jpg

Louisville, KY

img_7269.jpg

Biked 30 miles around Louisville on a beautiful day and found a rad bike path in between the water and the train tracks.

Oh yeah, and that night Third Eye Blind played a free show in downtown Louisville so I drank liquor out of camelback bladders that these Derby girls had hid in their dresses and we all sang along to "Semi-Charmed Life" and lived out the 90s.

img_7320.jpg

Pittsburgh, PA
There was this super rad platform built in a tree down by some lake, a bunch of people were hanging out on the rocks down by the water. I hate how this photo looks, next time I go back I'm going to get some better photos. Really cool place to drink and chill and watch the sunset. I think it's called "The Button".

So yeah, I'm super inspired to use a bike or get my own sort of vehicle for travels from now on :p The bus has its ups and downs and I don't hate it that much but I'm done with long distance Dirty Doggin for a little while at least!!

Last edited:

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
Sounds like you fitted in as much as possible on your break - and cool pics too. I have a few bicycling friends in Louisville should you get back there - they are either roadie or trail - cool people.

Reactions: Koala

Koala

sleeps 22 hours a day, eats chutes and leaves
Reaction score
Website
ciggybuttbrain.wordpress.com
Awesome pics.
Thanks!!! :D

Sounds like you fitted in as much as possible on your break - and cool pics too. I have a few bicycling friends in Louisville should you get back there - they are either roadie or trail - cool people.
Thank ya!! Ooh that sounds awesome, I definitely plan on going back there & would love to meet up with some cyclists, I'll hit you up when I make it back :)

Reactions: Kal

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've had a lot of free time lately now that I'm not on the road so that's why I've been spamming y'all with my photos and travels and everything. :p

spam away! ha, feel free the share anything else you got, i'm digging the pics!

Reactions: Koala

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads