Montana

SnakeOilWilly

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been planning on going to Montana sometime and was wondering as to what to see.

I want to know about some good mountainous area's with nice views that some tracks go through.

Also I'd like to know what towns to avoid and what towns are best to go through.

I'm just starting to plan my trip up out of Los Angeles to San Francisco, then through Portland up over to Montana.

Any input helps!

Thanks, Willy

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Havre Montana is one of the more intense hopouts up there. Ten days in jail and ive seen em checking trains all night. I recall laying down folding grass over my body--be .discreet there. If you can hop west from there the ride through glacier national park is unforgettable. I recommend hopping east from whitefish instead to go through the park and bailing off as soon as you get to havre
And heres the footage of the hiline ride from portland to montana:

Last edited:

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Missoula, Bozeman, Whitfish, Kalispell, and Butte are the best towns for traveling in Montana in my opinion. Cour D' Alene is worth stopping in as well, that town is beautiful. For mountain ranges, go towards Glacier NP from Missoula. If your in Bozeman, go south out of Livingston towards Mammoth Hot Springs in Yellowstone, the Absorka mountains are amazing. Watch out for Fuking bears! they are everywhere and they love your food.[GALLERY=media, 157]4 by SIB posted Dec 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 156]3 by SIB posted Dec 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 155]2 by SIB posted Dec 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 154]1 by SIB posted Dec 12, 2014 at 12:50 PM[/GALLERY]

Johny

Reaction score
Stay out of Butte, I live here and have worked for the mission last winter for 8 months.
The mission has changed here and now charges you 20%of your income or makes you volunteer 20 hours a week.
Also they have no problem throwing you out to freeze to death (happens 2-3 Times a year).
Also Butte is like a black hole to get out of.
Also herd Bozeman sucks to get out of and there is no shelter.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads