Modern day piracy and crew poll . . . ? | Page 6 | Squat the Planet

Modern day piracy and crew poll . . . ?

foxtailV

Reaction score
hello to the world , this last month has been a hundred mph. Its moved from looking for boats to partying on the island, we harvested oysters and had a cook out, welcomed a breath of fresh air with a tramping musician that beat the brakes off the slump we had fallen into. Its been a blast from people coming to visit from travelers to local sailors all getting in on the prize of good camping and friends. We opened the island to all those looking for a good squat, and it has helped some rainbow family with rest and relaxing. Plenty of people have benifited from this place "Foxtail Island " and more and more i find its turning into a enigmatic awakening for people in Babylon. We hosted our place to kayak travelers on there way to Argentina, rubber tramps looken for the next experiance, college kids needing to get out of the city without ever leaving the convience of city life, the island is had the vote of many a traveler as one of the best kept secrets in the states! Flat out , its got potential for anyone. We welcome rainbows that are headed to Ocala to stop and rest there packs and enjoy the multi million dollar therepy. Ive never partied so hard as i have in this place and i know it will continue to be a great place for times 2 come. A jewel in the eye of the man, and smoke up his nose without a tracable fart in the wind.

EastCoast315

Reaction score
Genius idea, seriously. If anyone is cruising the Caribbean, check out Navassa island. A little guano mine, uninhabited, US soil, with ruins of an old lighthouse that could easily be squatted in.

410px-Navassa_Island_Location.svg.png

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Check out the Sand Blast Islands...full of ship wrecks, abandoned Islands and tribal folks....best sailing by far in the trade winds.

LeeevinKansas

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
bad idea. see the richy people who will never give a fuck, are somewhere along the line gonna get sick of lookin at some trashy piece of ship floatin by in the bay with some gresy dirty street kids. i didnt rly read entire post, but from the start sounds bad.. as much as ur idea is good and awesome for fantasies, u need to take it seriously, in all seriousness, are u gonna risk your life and limb on an easily sinkable ship of trash crewed by people who prolly dont know shit about what theyre talking about? yay lets go prance around like kids in a pirate ship i patched together with glue and basic carpentry. then lets go sail unnoticed throughout the bays and rivers and raid the docks and ports.

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
this idea already ran its course. fun times were had for sure but i think its safe to say that its over and done with. unless someone else wants to try something similar.

Durp

Reaction score
Yo so how did this work out? I'm actually surprising my self and am doing well at learning to sail. I got a 26 ft that needs re rigged before hitting the ocean, but would prefer to find a boat to salvage and fix, then when ready move aboard and sell my current boat for a profit. Any tips on slavaging boats in the puget sound? Any other sailors in my neck of the sea want to link up and score some free boat gear at the least? Would love to find a 35 ft plus floating hull with good keel to rig as a junk and head into the sea twords russia.

that one guy

Playful asshole
Banned
Reaction score
This didn't go well for Diagaro, he underestimated the core drives of others.
The puget sound is a great place to do all this and that, though I'd keep away from the deep ocean until you know your meddle, the pacific is a vicious bitch, most of its shores are cliff side, its violent out there.
I'd just play with alaska, all the way to the Bering straight its like hitching highway 1 throguh california, little towns here and there, lots of work to be had if your a heaty individual lots of us kind of people just dying to do some thing different than fish and serve beer/steak to other seasonals.
I'll be headed north shortly, maybe you'd be open to a 6 pack and a tour of your digs.

Durp

Reaction score
@that one guy Yup I plan on staying in protected waters until I have the boat rerigged to a Chinese junk (balanced lug) which will give the ability to handle all the sail work from the cockpit with the instintanious ability to reef easily or pull the whole damn sail down in a matter of seconds. Bermuda rigging is a lot more of a pia for cruising, and just plaing fucking dangerous with all the compounding compression forces from the stays and high undistributed load on the sails. Hit me up when your around this neck. Working right now to afford the whole refit of the boat, but after that's done casting off to freedom.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads