Maybe I'm romanticizing the lifestyle and won't last... Only one way to find out | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Maybe I'm romanticizing the lifestyle and won't last... Only one way to find out

croc

Reaction score
Update, I fuckin made it n traveling has been the best thing I've ever done for myself. Thank yall for all the support n encouragement

ApolloUniverse

Reaction score
Awesome stuff dude, happy for you. I’m getting there myself and it’s good (though hitching, at least in SoCal has been a pain in the ass), and I think i want to do a lot more of it. Hope we bump into each other some time.
<-gender non-conformist, but my being so doesn’t really change much about my life since I accept he/him pronouns. But I’ll think about that

croc

Reaction score
Awesome stuff dude, happy for you. I’m getting there myself and it’s good (though hitching, at least in SoCal has been a pain in the ass), and I think i want to do a lot more of it. Hope we bump into each other some time.
<-gender non-conformist, but my being so doesn’t really change much about my life since I accept he/him pronouns. But I’ll think about that

Thank u n I'm happy for u too!
Yeah, hitching in socal was awful. Scratch that, everything in socal was awful other than the slabs lol

And hey, gender variant is gender variant c: no need for comparison to anyone else's path

• Haha
Reactions: Juan Derlust

cbeansprout

Reaction score
Hiya! I am also an genderqueer traveler. It's a tender spot in my heart because many places I go people don't understand that I am not a girl. A lot of the time I am passing as male now though. There's a lot of us in the traveling community, though, which brings me solace.

There's only one way to find out is right. Fucking do it. Go somewhere, do something. Shit will get rough, maybe it will almost break you, everything will seem to have fallen apart--- and you go a little farther and find a month later ten times as many blessings come back your way. It's a mixed bag. It's bound to be hard, but even if you aren't "cut out" for the lifestyle the experience will count. You don't have to do it forever. There aren't rules to how you lead your own autonomous life, that's what I thought I was trying to get away from.

Safe travels, maybe our paths will cross one day.

• Epic

croc

Reaction score
Hiya! I am also an genderqueer traveler. It's a tender spot in my heart because many places I go people don't understand that I am not a girl. A lot of the time I am passing as male now though. There's a lot of us in the traveling community, though, which brings me solace.

There's only one way to find out is right. Fucking do it. Go somewhere, do something. Shit will get rough, maybe it will almost break you, everything will seem to have fallen apart--- and you go a little farther and find a month later ten times as many blessings come back your way. It's a mixed bag. It's bound to be hard, but even if you aren't "cut out" for the lifestyle the experience will count. You don't have to do it forever. There aren't rules to how you lead your own autonomous life, that's what I thought I was trying to get away from.

Safe travels, maybe our paths will cross one day.

Hell yeah to other genderqueer travelers!
Ps I ain't green anymore, this post is from when I joined over a year ago but I appreciate the kind words either way c:

• Love It

croc

Reaction score
D

Deleted member 21288

whattuuup! I saw yr face and then "huh" and then Croc and "yup". neat seeing you here dewd. it would be sooooo rad to bum around w/ you. i don't know when, but i sense that we will find each other again in the future. I will super duper hit you up when I'm free to hop around if you're down!
- that one kid who makes puppets

• Love It
Reactions: croc

croc

Reaction score
whattuuup! I saw yr face and then "huh" and then Croc and "yup". neat seeing you here dewd. it would be sooooo rad to bum around w/ you. i don't know when, but i sense that we will find each other again in the future. I will super duper hit you up when I'm free to hop around if you're down!
- that one kid who makes puppets

I would fucking love to meet u. Your puppets are lovely critters.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads