Matt Derrick is a fascist? | Squat the Planet

Matt Derrick is a fascist?

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
So, here's a butthurt guy posting some hilarious shit on my Youtube. I'll just leave it here for the lulz;

anterrabae 10 hours ago (edited)
This guy is pro fascism/corporatism and supports everything that might be considered far left propaganda, including islam extremism. He bans users from "his" forum for the most ridiculous reasons ...(A website which was forfeit to a select number of staff for a certain interval while he dipped out for his identity crisis in 2014 or 2015, I don't recall exactly when... and then later came back to basically eat his own words and run a much more predominantly lgbtq/feminist and significantly more product-line-oriented Squattheplanet. presumably for his then unfinished "anarchists guide to travel" book.) Banning people for things like briefly poking fun at him for sucking up to his predominately SJW member base.. or calling him out on his shit strictly via PM.. Total paranoid, insecure fucking dolt. The resulting member-base and implied post regulations vis a vis free speech are incredibly tedious and ridiculously intolerant. The entire Squattheplanet aparatus is now less a forum for travellers and more considered a supplemental product-feedback-type message board.. one which is carefully eviscerated, sculpted.. picked clean of any undesirable or possibly offensive content that might estrange his new product line to the rapidly expanding young lgbt/feminist community. Serious, self-respecting people should, unquestionably, ignore this idiot and his bogus forum, in the name of everything integral and/or sacrosanct to the crust punk/squatting/train riding/rubber-leather-steel tramping community. I repeat.. for everyone who is not already aware.. Matt Derrick is a renoun and confirmed enemy of the real travel/crust/train community.. That's all.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
this seriously has put the biggest smile on my face, thank you for posting it. i can't stop giggling about it.

@anterrabae obviously got pretty butt hurt when we banned his account yesterday for talking shit to someone with a mental illness that was seeking help, and then messaging me with "you're a faggot who i have no respect for".

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Oh you have got to be kidding. He's STILL throwing a tantrum?

Also I think that's the first time I've ever heard someone describe the crust community as being "sacrosanct". Seriously, what is so sanctimonious about berating the mentally ill? How can that intolerance be considered a value? The. FUCK?

Seriously. Wow.

And where the hell did he pull "islam extremism" from? Like where does that fit? Fucking idiot.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
I like how he's been reduced to screaming into the void like this. As though posting a wall of text on my youtube would lend him any platform on which the masses would heed him.

Punk ideology has always been about social activism, and tramping has always been about tramping. Being afraid of POC and LGBT is a really good way to limit your travel possibilities.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
Hmm, if someone thinks that wanting to make a space safe and welcoming for people who identity as "lgbtq/feminists" makes someone an asshole, then they should probably reflect upon their values long enough to realize that they're the asshole.

Tude

Sometimes traveler is traveling.
Reaction score
My goodness look at all that stupid energy.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: severin and autumn

croc

Reaction score
I think this guy's onto something.... I heard that there are no real users- just @Matt Derrick using randomly generated profiles. Every comment and every thread is actually just Matt Derrick talking to himself.

croc

Reaction score
He is also a reptilian and inventor of the holograph we know to be "the moon".

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
confirmed enemy of the real

whats real dingus? (not at Cornelius Epic Vango... for the oog with the diatribe)

I think this guy's onto something.... I heard that there are no real users- just @Matt Derrick using randomly generated profiles. Every comment and every thread is actually just Matt Derrick talking to himself.

Don't make me paranoid... you know it has crossed my mind. ::cigar::

He is also a reptilian and inventor of the holograph we know to be "the moon".

Dammit you know I follow CTheory...
>.>

Ahh fuck it, darn scale bitches gonna scale bitches...

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Sigh... If we are bringing it up then I will give my 2c. It is getting to be extreme left SJW oriented around here with less tolerance for other viewpoints than when I first started poking around here in 2011. Matt Derrick is not a bad guy, I enjoyed hanging out with him in Texas and PDX, but lets be a little more tolerant. A lot of people with soo much knowledge have been banned here for what some saw as minor slips

Reactions: Chazten

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
lets be a little more tolerant.

oh geez man. where to begin. first off, 'let's be a little more tolerant?' wtf?

you do realize you get THREE chances here, right? the only thing you gotta do is NOT intentionally piss off the staff. that's really the only way to go from 0 to banned. otherwise you get THREE chances. 90% of the time when we have to give someone a warning, the reason they get banned is because they chose to respond with some version of "fuck you i'll do what i want you faggot/kike/nigger/(insert expletive here)."

here's a little analogy for you. i dare you to name any other space where you can figuratively come into someone's house and take a shit on their dining room table (while they're eating) and do it right in front of them THREE times before they get kicked out permanently even though there's a sign clearly stating no shitting on the table when you walk in the door.

i'm sorry, but we are tolerant as fuck here. anyone who's been banned from StP has chosen to completely disregard the rules and any respect for the staff; and guess what? we're the ones ponying up the time and money to make this space happen, so if you don't like the way we're doing it, you can go start your own website, except, gee golly, that would actually require you to put actual effort behind your words, which everyone knows you're not going to do. why? because complainers complain, they don't put forth solutions.

A lot of people with soo much knowledge have been banned here for what some saw as minor slips

minor slips? minor slips??? they might have received a warning, but no one no one in the history of StP has ever been banned for a minor slip. if you think that's the case then you haven't been paying attention.

Matt Derrick is not a bad guy, I enjoyed hanging out with him in Texas and PDX

If i'm to be totally honest, I think you're an insufferable moron. I don't like you. You pretty much constantly bitch and moan about petty bs all the time and have nothing really positive to say or contribute to this community. I have no idea why you use this website.

But, that said, notice that I haven't banned you? In fact, I've bent over backwards on several occasions to not give you even a warning because despite the above, you haven't violated the rules and you haven't gone out of your way to intentionally be disrespectful.

lastly, i could really care less how 'knowledgeable' you are about, well, pretty much anything; you could be the steven fucking hawking of trains but if you're gonna say sexist, fascist, racist, homophobic shit or in any other fashion go out of your way to violate the rules that have essentially been here since the beginning of StP, I have no interest in your participation here.

If that makes me a SJW, then fine, I'm proud to be one. It's about time someone stood up to the kind of bullshit everyone else just let's slide in the traveler community (and some people even glorify). if you don't like it, go fuck yourself and get the fuck off my website.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

A lot of people with soo much knowledge have been banned here for what some saw as minor slips

if what people saw people being banned for was seen to them as minor slip ups they are either a complete asshole themselves or dont know even half the story as to why someone was banned. staff doesnt just target random people and like matt said already, you get 3 chances so not continue to be a prick. if you wanna be a bigot theres plenty of other places on the internet to do it. saying "lets be more tolerant" in yer case is referring to people who are in fact being intolerant. which is why this person was banned.

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
It is getting to be extreme left SJW oriented around here ... but lets be a little more tolerant.

By calling a collective of individuals with individual experiences, backgrounds and opinions "extreme SJWs" you're attempting to reduce their multi-faceted existences to an acronym that they may or may not identify with (honestly, social justice warrior is kind of a badass string of words... like anti-fascist, why do people think these are insults?). You're separating "them" from "you". That's inherently violent and intolerant. So to tell people standing up for the rights of the marginalized to be more tolerant is incredibly stupid. I'm amazed that you weren't able to detect your fallacy while typing that post.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
on a side note, did anyone notice this?

The resulting member-base and implied post regulations vis a vis free speech are incredibly tedious and ridiculously intolerant.

totally reminds me of this (7:07 to 7:24):

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
we're the ones ponying up the time and money to make this space happen,

Dont forget your website depends on people collecting their knowledge on here to help each other.

I think you're an insufferable moron. I don't like you. I have no idea why you use this website.

Nice. Pretty clear where the uncalled for disrespect is coming from, not me. I have put a lot of effort into helping people here since 2011 with my own knowledge of all the places I have been and my experiences. So did countless of the travelers who got banned.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads