Matt Derrick is a fascist?

Dameon

Reaction score
I agree with that statement in general but how much does it apply when you're talking about a website that categorizes comments like "women on average face more risk of assault on the road and should travel with a partner if they can" as hate speech and bannable offense?
I keep seeing this rhetoric about how this site doesn't allow dissenting opinions. Please show a single time when somebody has gotten banned specifically for believing the wrong thing, and not for more specific behavioral issues.

Edit: Choosing a "stupid" rating for a post asking you to back up your claims says a lot about how you're using the ratings system; maybe don't use it as a means of revenge for dissent while whinging about intolerance for dissent.

Last edited:

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Well @Dameon, I just gave you a specific example of something that literally happened and you ranked it disagree without knowing anything about it. I don't think you want the truth. @salxtina I am probably older than you, condescendingly calling people kid when you just graduated college..grow up please and stop derailing the thread with inaccurate, stupid assumptions and personal attacks though, this will be my last response to them. Let's keep this on the topic of opinions about what may have transpired in relation to @anterrabae and the basis for those claims.

Dameon

Reaction score
Well @Dameon, I just gave you a specific example of something that literally happened and you ranked it disagree without knowing anything about it. I don't think you want the truth. @salxtina I am probably older than you, calling people kid when you just graduated college. Please stop derailing the thread with inaccurate, stupid assumptions and personal attacks though, this will be my last response to them. Let's keep this on the topic of opinions about what may have transpired in relation to @anterrabae and the basis for those claims.
How was it a personal attack? If the thread exists, link to it. Not sure why you feel attacked when I ask for evidence to back up your rhetoric. Anterrabae wasn't summarily banned for having the wrong beliefs, he was specifically banned for publicly stated reasons, after being warned, so he's not evidence in your favor, unless you want to go on to argue that the publicly stated reasons were lies and call Matt a liar.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
@TheWindAndRain and @Aussie Timm have both been banned after several PM's asking them to stop bickering and rating each other's posts 'stupid'. it was really out of control and i've had enough.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
I have been referring to the Creator of the Supreme Teleological Praetorium as "Glorious Leader" for some few years, now.

He is Beneficient, Wise, Kind, Compassionate, Good, and a Son of A Bitch Pain In the Ass to those whom are too selfish to understand the World does not Rotate around them..

This is a Very Nice Place where the Monkeys can come & talk & throw Shit at things..
Some Monkeys talk about how to stay out of Cages..
Some Monkeys talked about the monkeys that are no longer Monkeys, but decided to become hoomin, instead, & the hoomins are the ones that get the most shit thrown at them, because they are just shit, anyways..
they hate Monkeys, because the monkeys stayed Monkeys, or worse, were hoomins who *became* Monkeys..

So when Glorious Leader saw all the monkeys being chased by the hoomis, he said "I will give the Monkeys a Place to call Home, but in this Place, where there should be NO rules, there will be ONE rule: 'Monkey Shall Not Throw Shit At Monkey"
And it was a Good Rule, and it was a Good Place, and after separating the Monkeys from the hoomins, He Waited, wondering which monkey would Fuck Up First...

Now, in the Days Before hoomins, all monkeys were Monkeys, and there was no need for a Glorious Leader, and All The Planet was Ripe for the Squatting..
but One Day a monkey said "I am tired of the difficulties required for the ethical computations of positive duty.. it would be much Easier to determine how I can kill.. or better yet, how I can *enslave* my fellow monkeys?"..

& thus the first hoomin fell out of the Poop..(... well, no... just 'poop', I imagine, since nothing really grows from it..) of Analytical Reasoning and Derivative Abstractions..
Immediately thereafter the hoomin changed its name to $atan & proceeded to create the Epistemological Technology known as 'politics', and conceived of the "Absolute Resolution of Perception" as that of each monkey being a functional cog within those metapysims which allowed for the uncontested primal axioms required for the existence of various manifestations of the cognitive processes which found their Expression in the Enforcement of Law by Default and Punishment, otherwise known (in its most Perfect Form) as the "Police $tate".

& the hoomins, thereafter, were fruitful, & multiplied, because they did not know the Shit they were given to Eat
was Poison..

& $atan said "Now all I must do is Destroy Matt Derrick and His Kind..", whereat Glorious Leader Perceived its thoughts and said " I shall now make a new Rule, weaker than the First.. Monkey may throw Shit at Monkey Three Times, but no more; and thus if a Monkey throws its shit too Often, we shall know that that monkey has been poisoned, and may, in Fact, be hoomin.."

And that was the Second rule, and it angered $atan, wroth...

Thereafter $atan created Chemical Weapons & Mechanical Weapons, greater than the mere Force of screaming & rocks & sticks..
& after this, some of the monkeys said "fuck Matt Derrick, we now have *better* things to throw at each other than poop!!"
And it followed that those monkeys who threw arrows and spears and all forms of contrived augmentations all became hoomins, and those Monkeys who chose to remain Monkeys ran away, using railroads and bicycles and boots and boats & prayers & Hopes for Kindness to Escape the Stench the hoomins emitted, upon their Abandonment of Being..

and $atan laughed, thinking Glorious Leader had now been Defeated..

But Yahweh shook his Head at $atan & sighed "you poor fucking asshole.." and Proceeded to Provide all those Escaping Monkeys with Adventures, so that most of the time they either pitied hoomins, or dinna give a fuck about them, since the Adventures carried undifferentiated knowledge that only Monkeys could perceive, and which separated their existence from itself..

$atan was again driven wroth, and said " ok, Shithead, now i shall make nukes, and create a network of communication which shall distract all hoomins and all monkeys from knowing what is important, except the act of communicating itself, *no matter how inane*, and therefore all shall fear either Destruction by Energy or a Reduction to Insignificance.."

and $atan gave the internet to hoomins he called 'politicians' and 'bureaucrats', in order to overwhelm the technical weaknesses of those Monkeys whom refused to Stop Having Adventures..

& Glorious Leader said: " I shall now Become Bodhisattva, putting away my Adventures for the Sake of Other Monkeys", and with this thought sprang forth the the edifice known among the Holies as the Supreme Teleological Praetorium..

$atan, upon seeing this, and seeing that not only were his actions being Undone, and his theoretical principles of structural subjection being negated by inquires regarding proofs and inconsistencies, but also that some hoomins, in ever increasing numbers, were ***regressing back into Monkeys*** decided to unleash his last, ultimate weapon.

Too unholy to describe, he split himself into hitler, mussolini & any number of bad, shit throwing monkeys who wanted more than Monkeyness, because they thought that doing shit other Monkeys Hated but couldn't Stop meant they were some sort of supermonkey, and thus got to Always be First in Line, and then recombined himself, in a purely DNA-free embodiment as Ronald Regan, all the while screaming at Glorious Leader & His Ilk, frothing at the pain of his orgasm, which should have been Joy, but was instead the Destitute Torture of Failure, and thus failing to ejaculate, precipitated the best hoomin manifestation the conclusions of his rhetoricial barblefarf would allow, and within the chill, yet vaporous stench of mercury clinging to gold, twitched his newest (& perhaps most feeble) embodiment:
donald shrimp.. I mean trump.. who will kill this scribe & all other scribes, whom shall dance when he dies...

Last edited:

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I keep seeing this rhetoric about how this site doesn't allow dissenting opinions. Please show a single time when somebody has gotten banned specifically for believing the wrong thing, and not for more specific behavioral issues.

Edit: Choosing a "stupid" rating for a post asking you to back up your claims says a lot about how you're using the ratings system; maybe don't use it as a means of revenge for dissent while whinging about intolerance for dissent.

@Dameon I'm not trying to stir the pot here, and yes this is kind of off topic, but I had to reply to your comment.

You might want to check out this thread in response to someone being banned for believing the "wrong" thing. Or having a "wrong" opinion:

https://squattheplanet.com/threads/destroy-america-the-fall-of-the-new-world-order.34308/

Dameon

Reaction score

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok. So, then.....?

That user seemed to be banned for believing his own BS theories and nothing else "behaviorally". So that contradicts your previous post. I had to play devils advocate, there.

Last edited:
Reactions: klaiash

Dameon

Reaction score
He didn't get in trouble for having the "wrong belief", he got in trouble for believing the wrong thing. To me, it was painfully obvious the guy was using the "flat earth" thing as an excuse to troll; to my best recollection, his first post kind of just threw it out there as a possibility, and he doubled down from there, and insulted people who didn't agree with him. He wasn't arguing in favor of his beliefs, he was arguing in favor of a belief he almost certainly knew to be wrong, and he wasn't doing so in a respectful, open manner - by far. Just because he claimed to actually hold the belief doesn't mean he did. He wasn't banned because he believed the wrong thing, he was banned because he was an obvious troll. That was my feelings on that thread then, and on reviewing the thread, they hold true now.

There's a possibility I'm wrong, and if I am, the mods might speak up about why they chose to ban him, but I don't think that he was banned just for having the wrong beliefs, I think he was banned for how he chose to present them, and how he chose to interact with people who disagreed (much of which doesn't appear in that thread).

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I was hopping with this post to achieve a reasonable discussion with open minded people to try and debunk a fun exercise that concern our world. I was called a shithead instead, that's fine, ive posted on other forums as well.

Ill happily invited people to participate with me in this discussion, i'd be happy to work among yall on this:)

i can confirm that i am not a troll, ive been studying this for over two years. Albeit a very light study, a study non the less. I find it important to find the truth, but i dont have anxiety attacks over the state of the world. After all, the truth may be revealed to us upon death and there it won't matter what petty bit of ego you had when you walked this Earth.

This^

He didn't get in trouble for having the "wrong belief", he got in trouble for believing the wrong thing.

....and that is different, how? Exactly?

I saw nothing wrong with that thread, if you want to spout conspiracy thories, whatever, because someone else will always call you out on your BS.

Which bring me to another point. Even of the guy was trolling, he had one post. One. No one had to keep commenting on it, but they chose to, to make their point.

In his wingnut way, he tried to make his. Trolling or not. People still kept commenting, quite fucking rudely, I might add.

I never saw that user troll anyone else's thread, or create multiple BS threads. So, I don't really see how that constitutes going against the rules of this site. Just trying to be fair, here.

I could be wrong about that. I'm sure we will hear about it if I am.

But my point is. Everyone knows how many wingnuts are out there travelling on the road, we have always had our fair share of crazy ass thories From people in alleys. What is to say this guy isint one of them?

Just saying.

(Because that is everyone's favorite line ;))

Reactions: klaiash

Dameon

Reaction score
...and that is different, how? Exactly?
Crap, I guess we'll have to file that under Freudian slip. I meant to say he got in trouble for expressing his beliefs in the wrong way.

He never got a chance to troll another thread because he got shut down right off the bat; I did see some of his chat, and it struck me as very trollish - don't supply a lot of your own information, ignore other peoples' information, and find all the flaws in every statement without a constructive purpose. This is just my own perceptions; I can't speak for any mods, and I'll be the first to tell you I'm wrong plenty of the time. I've dealt with so many wingnuts that they stick out like a sore thumb to me, and he did not strike me as a wingnut. For one, his writing was far too clear and pointed, where wingnuts tend to write, well, like wingnuts.

I did find some of the responses rude and insulting, and I don't think the whole thing was handled great by everybody involved, and some people could have refrained from personal attacks, I'll agree with you there.

Reactions: Coywolf

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads