Matt Derrick is a fascist?

D

Deleted member 125

Dont forget your website depends on people collecting their knowledge on here to help each other.

Nice. Pretty clear where the uncalled for disrespect is coming from, not me. I have put a lot of effort into helping people here since 2013 with my own knowledge of all the places I have been and my experiences. So did countless of the travelers who got banned.

join date of 2013, not 2011. i fixed that for you.

the website depends on people who give a shit about the same ideals that the person who started it set out to make happen. which are apparently not yers, which is fine, im not asking you to be a decent human being with feelings. but whats the point of arguing if you feel slighted? just leave. or would you like to continue to be part of something you dont agree with to reap its benefits when it suits you only to state that you feel others have been banned unjustifiably when you yerslelf have been warned for hate speech? fuck man, yer kinda a enigma huh.

D

Deleted member 125

you can click the off topic rating as much as youd like, because im sure yer aware at this point im no stranger to people clicking a negative rating on me. maybe they got upset at what i had to say. i dunno maybe you could respond and let me know.

the fact is you have been warned for hate speech before. you are defending someone who was banned for hate speech. fuck off if you think what anything this person did to be banned was ok, because it wasnt. they were banned for a good reason.

Dameon

Reaction score
Sigh... If we are bringing it up then I will give my 2c. It is getting to be extreme left SJW oriented around here with less tolerance for other viewpoints
How do you mean "less tolerance"? Nobody gets banned over their viewpoints. If you mean we shouldn't speak up when people advocate extreme viewpoints like racism, sexism, or saying rape is okay, that's just silly. We all tolerate bigots and fascists until they inevitably get upset that people disagree with them and start throwing tantrums, and earn themselves a ban hammer. Tolerance doesn't mean you have to stay quiet when people say things that are disgusting to you.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dont forget your website depends on people collecting their knowledge on here to help each other.

Nice. Pretty clear where the uncalled for disrespect is coming from, not me. I have put a lot of effort into helping people here since 2011 with my own knowledge of all the places I have been and my experiences. So did countless of the travelers who got banned.

i think we'll make it without you.

i don't know why i keep having to repeat myself. it doesn't matter how much knowledge you have, or share, if you break the rules, we ban your account. there's no negotiation on that, so get used to it.

besides, we're not asking for that much. all we're asking is that you not be a jerk, whether that means not calling people racial/homophobic slurs, or just simply not harassing us and giving us shit at every turn.

Last edited:

roughdraft

Reaction score
i think the heavy handed approach is dead on

if people want hate speech the internet has many outlets for that

not having it here at all only makes sense

and fuck someone's knowledge.. traveling is not rocket science.. if i can't find somebody who is decent to help me piece something together then a. there's probably someone else decent with the same or sufficient knowledge or b. occupy my time and energy with something, somewhere else

Last edited:
Reactions: salxtina

salxtina

Reaction score
vYNKIlaP3he0.jpg

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sigh... If we are bringing it up then I will give my 2c. It is getting to be extreme left SJW oriented around here with less tolerance for other viewpoints than when I first started poking around here in 2011. Matt Derrick is not a bad guy, I enjoyed hanging out with him in Texas and PDX, but lets be a little more tolerant. A lot of people with soo much knowledge have been banned here for what some saw as minor slips

oh geez man. where to begin. first off, 'let's be a little more tolerant?' wtf?

you do realize you get THREE chances here, right? the only thing you gotta do is NOT intentionally piss off the staff. that's really the only way to go from 0 to banned. otherwise you get THREE chances. 90% of the time when we have to give someone a warning, the reason they get banned is because they chose to respond with some version of "fuck you i'll do what i want you faggot/kike/nigger/(insert expletive here)."

here's a little analogy for you. i dare you to name any other space where you can figuratively come into someone's house and take a shit on their dining room table (while they're eating) and do it right in front of them THREE times before they get kicked out permanently even though there's a sign clearly stating no shitting on the table when you walk in the door.

i'm sorry, but we are tolerant as fuck here. anyone who's been banned from StP has chosen to completely disregard the rules and any respect for the staff; and guess what? we're the ones ponying up the time and money to make this space happen, so if you don't like the way we're doing it, you can go start your own website, except, gee golly, that would actually require you to put actual effort behind your words, which everyone knows you're not going to do. why? because complainers complain, they don't put forth solutions.

minor slips? minor slips??? they might have received a warning, but no one no one in the history of StP has ever been banned for a minor slip. if you think that's the case then you haven't been paying attention.

If i'm to be totally honest, I think you're an insufferable moron. I don't like you. You pretty much constantly bitch and moan about petty bs all the time and have nothing really positive to say or contribute to this community. I have no idea why you use this website.

But, that said, notice that I haven't banned you? In fact, I've bent over backwards on several occasions to not give you even a warning because despite the above, you haven't violated the rules and you haven't gone out of your way to intentionally be disrespectful.

lastly, i could really care less how 'knowledgeable' you are about, well, pretty much anything; you could be the steven fucking hawking of trains but if you're gonna say sexist, fascist, racist, homophobic shit or in any other fashion go out of your way to violate the rules that have essentially been here since the beginning of StP, I have no interest in your participation here.

If that makes me a SJW, then fine, I'm proud to be one. It's about time someone stood up to the kind of bullshit everyone else just let's slide in the traveler community (and some people even glorify). if you don't like it, go fuck yourself and get the fuck off my website.

join date of 2013, not 2011. i fixed that for you.

the website depends on people who give a shit about the same ideals that the person who started it set out to make happen. which are apparently not yers, which is fine, im not asking you to be a decent human being with feelings. but whats the point of arguing if you feel slighted? just leave. or would you like to continue to be part of something you dont agree with to reap its benefits when it suits you only to state that you feel others have been banned unjustifiably when you yerslelf have been warned for hate speech? fuck man, yer kinda a enigma huh.

you can click the off topic rating as much as youd like, because im sure yer aware at this point im no stranger to people clicking a negative rating on me. maybe they got upset at what i had to say. i dunno maybe you could respond and let me know.

the fact is you have been warned for hate speech before. you are defending someone who was banned for hate speech. fuck off if you think what anything this person did to be banned was ok, because it wasnt. they were banned for a good reason.

Wow, guys. So much for voicing an opinion and not getting flamed for it....

(Which is why this thread was posted in the first place.)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Wow, guys. So much for voicing an opinion and not getting flamed for it....

(Which is why this thread was posted in the first place.)

not sure what you mean by that. this thread started as making fun of some ridiculous post someone made on a friend's youtube channel cause they were all butt hurt they got banned from here.

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
It certainly can show how ridiculous one's position is by how sharply they howl at their opponents. Hollering buzzwords into the abyss. What this guy's written is pure salty tears over what is more or less a trifle.

Now, it doesn't mean there's nothing to be said - it only means that if you are to say anything at all, you must put a fine point on it and be concise and clear in your words. There are legitimate critiques of identity politics but I get the feeling he'd rather piss and moan than crack the books on the matter. At the peril of stirring up conflict in forums like these, I certainly am no fan of continuing the broad and general categorization of individuals, nor of upholding a puritanical ethos wherein we the guilty purify ourselves by abstaining from the use of certain "swearwords", etc etc. These rituals just aren't enough and can all too often ring hollow for the fact that they give individuals solidarity only inasmuch as they can fit into a certain minority - we've got to go beyond this. I feel more compelled to empower others to reclaim themselves as individuals who aim to transcend the categories power has inflicted on them; collectivist politics is collectivist politics and is always a menace to the free life of the individual - whether it's far-right nationalism or far-left identitarianism.

But again, this dipshit appears not to be leveling any critique whatsoever.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
collectivist politics is collectivist politics and is always a menace to the free life of the individual - whether it's far-right nationalism or far-left identitarianism.

^^^This X 1000

sd40chef

Reaction score
It certainly can show how ridiculous one's position is by how sharply they howl at their opponents. Hollering buzzwords into the abyss. What this guy's written is pure salty tears over what is more or less a trifle.

Now, it doesn't mean there's nothing to be said - it only means that if you are to say anything at all, you must put a fine point on it and be concise and clear in your words. There are legitimate critiques of identity politics but I get the feeling he'd rather piss and moan than crack the books on the matter. At the peril of stirring up conflict in forums like these, I certainly am no fan of continuing the broad and general categorization of individuals, nor of upholding a puritanical ethos wherein we the guilty purify ourselves by abstaining from the use of certain "swearwords", etc etc. These rituals just aren't enough and can all too often ring hollow for the fact that they give individuals solidarity only inasmuch as they can fit into a certain minority - we've got to go beyond this. I feel more compelled to empower others to reclaim themselves as individuals who aim to transcend the categories power has inflicted on them; collectivist politics is collectivist politics and is always a menace to the free life of the individual - whether it's far-right nationalism or far-left identitarianism.

Very well said. I fully agree man.

Reactions: Coywolf

severin

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
2569 S 5600 W ste 400, West Valley City, UT 84120

I didn't understand most of this.. but seems like an intelligent post. Books are an indispensable part of a person's spiritual life, so I have to agree.

Hillbilly Castro

Reaction score
@severin I am mainly saying that despite the good intentions of people who are into "social justice // political correctness" (for lack of better terms), they tend to forget that an individual is an individual. It seems like their political projects are more about "looking the part" through fashionable speech and action than actually considering that an individual may aim to be much more than "person of color", "queer", "woman /man", or whatever. (And in fact, in some cases they may reject that categorization entirely)

For police brutality to happen to black folks, police must first categorize that person as "black". And thus, it is not far-fetched to defend the idea that the categorizing of human beings is an affront to freedom - because categorization is a tool that has only been used a collectivist weapon.

Instead, the current dominant position on this is to attempt to assume these categories are inescapable; and to attempt to liberate the categories. This has the effect of only liberating the individuals within only inasmuch as they are invested in the collective vision of themselves, as black, queer, woman, immigrant, or whatever.

And I bring all this up simply to point out that the guy this thread is about is edging on valid critiques, but refuses to put the effort in to really articulate those.

TheWindAndRain

Banned
Reaction score
I honestly don't blame him for not putting in additional effort at that point. No one wants to be categorized in enmity and railroaded with personal attacks and hate messages. Got to be careful with critique because it can easily be construed as hate speech by people projecting their own anger and hatred. I don't know if anterrabae was really spouting hate speech, the definition is getting watered down, though so I won't call it one way or another without knowing more facts. Anyone who interprets that as defending his actions though misunderstood my point.

Reactions: severin

Dameon

Reaction score
For police brutality to happen to black folks, police must first categorize that person as "black". And thus, it is not far-fetched to defend the idea that the categorizing of human beings is an affront to freedom - because categorization is a tool that has only been used a collectivist weapon.
This is patently untrue, because there are a huge variety of bigoted reasons police can find to brutalize people that are different, which is a fact anybody who's lived outside the social norm should be very familiar with. The statement that categorization is a tool only used as a collectivist weapon is demonstrably untrue, completely so. Categorization is necessary for human communication, and for science; by what I understand of what you're saying, the categories of "birds", "mammals", and "amphibians" are collectivist weapons, rather than scientific definitions. People of various different ancestries exist as rigidly definable categories, and we are not going to be past that until you and me are dust. The theoretical idea of cops who don't see color is beyond ridiculous, they do, and they will for the foreseeable future.

The problem isn't that we have definitions of these differences; the ideal "man who can't see color" isn't a good alternative, somebody who just sees everybody as the same homogeneous blob; people should be free to embrace and celebrate difference, and others should be able to recognize that difference for what it is and celebrate it too. The problem isn't that we're different, and recognize it, the problem is that we allow these xenophobic attitudes from our past to propagate, and try to make excuses for them, like "oh, cops just magically shouldn't see peoples' differences". Black people don't generally just want to be seen as white people, they have their own unique cultures and histories from around the world. Gay people don't just want to be seen as straight people, transgendered people don't want to just be seen as their identified gender, they want to be understood and recognized for who they are. The problem isn't that we see each others' differences, it's that people have been taught to specifically hate certain differences, because in the past xenophobia was allowed to run rampant in our country, and they seem to think that we're not allowed to say anything about that shit because "free speech".

Healthy people don't "transcend" their differences, they embrace them. A number of broad categorizations cover most of us, and are all part of our unique identity, and generally, it's okay to recognize that. You can fit into a category without sacrificing individuality.

Finally, it's a proven fact that if you look and act the part, eventually your brain falls into line. Smile, and your brain releases more happy chemicals. Dress well, and confidence improves. Don't call people n*****rs all the time, and hopefully you'll be less of a racist. There's a point to political correctness, and "social justice", and it's that the idea that our words and actions reflecting our thoughts isn't just a one-way street - if you think that's wrong, look into the efficacy of cognitive therapy. Beyond that, being publicly censured DOES have an effect on peoples' behavior, and peoples' behavior affects their thought patterns. If nobody will hang out with you because you're a racist piece of shit, and everybody makes that clear, generally you will become less of a racist piece of shit over time because humans generally want to be seen as a good person by their peers. Patterns of behavior reinforce mental patterns. Change the behavior, and you can usually affect the mental patterns.

salxtina

Reaction score
Sadly, the boy throwing the tantrum that Cornelius quoted has more sympathizers than he seems to realize, both here and in the subculture generally. It's not unique to traveler culture, of course - not really any worse here than in 'mainstream' society.

But the most common worldview of people like this boy, only criticizes the mainstream culture for being "boring" or "conformist," and then calls people "divisive" if they talk about all the other ways the mainstream culture exploits and dehumanizes people.
If you look at any attempts to have conversations about racism or misogyny, which by-and-large become cesspools of antisemitism and harassment, you can see this pretty quickly. God I can't believe adults are like this in real life.

Myself, I'm out to break the gears of this empire whether they subjugate me or give me authority, destroy the mechanisms that make me be a worker and make me be a woman and the ones that make me white and an American citizen, keep unlearning/unteaching, and make lifeways that see these as inexcusable ways to treat people.
I just don't look to most of traveler/squatter culture to share these goals with me. (Not because of people's "ignorance," but because of their feeling that they have a "natural right" to shit on other groups of people. Nothing could be more conservative.) Well, props to the other anti-fascist/pro-autonomy people still trying to make their lives in this environment, and set some kind of standard for non-abusive conduct.

TheWindAndRain

Banned
Reaction score
i think the heavy handed approach is dead on

if people want hate speech the internet has many outlets for that

not having it here at all only makes sense

I agree with that statement in general but how much does it apply when you're talking about a website that categorizes comments like "women on average face more risk of assault on the road and should travel with a partner if they can" as hate speech and bannable offense?

• Best of Luck!

salxtina

Reaction score
Haha, if that was really the case, you wouldn't be posting here anymore, kid.
And not a single one of us has ever wanted to hear your jackoff thoughts on what women "should" do.

I saw your laughable back-story, on how you came to realize how "dangerous" the world was. Long whiny story short, you went hitchhiking with a woman, and ever-so-briefly faced secondhand what we deal with first-hand every day. And it was too scary for you. You couldn't deal with it. Good thing is, you can walk away from it, and you can shut up about it too.

Shitting yourself in terror over a brief brush with our daily struggles doesn't qualify you as our advisor.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads