living in the wild spring of 2020 | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

living in the wild spring of 2020

backpacker420

Reaction score
@Faceplant I'm gonna have to ask you to back off on this thread. You've made your opinion clear that you don't think they've thought this through. No need to keep beating a dead horse; also, you're really playing armchair survivalist here, please stick to making posts about things you know instead of just tearing down other people's ideas.

@backpacker420 please upload a profile picture and fill out your profile details if you want to keep making posts here in the message board.
i'll just go elsewhere, thought this was a decent community but this faceplant guy proved otherwise.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'll just go elsewhere, thought this was a decent community but this faceplant guy proved otherwise.

why does one person's opinon have to be a reflection on the entire community? why don't you try growing some thicker skin and acting like an adult?

backpacker420

Reaction score
why does one person's opinon have to be a reflection on the entire community? why don't you try growing some thicker skin and acting like an adult?
i'm acting like an adult, i've been nothing but nice since i been here, shared over 200 books worth of knowledge. just to be disrespected for no reason. has nothing to do with having thick skin. i'm just sick of having to deal with these kind of people that get a bug up their ass for no reason and take it out on others

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
i'm acting like an adult, i've been nothing but nice since i been here, shared over 200 books worth of knowledge. just to be disrespected for no reason. has nothing to do with having thick skin. i'm just sick of having to deal with these kind of people that get a bug up their ass for no reason and take it out on others

so you're going to hold an entire community of people responsible for one person's comments? sounds very mature.

you know there's an ignore function here, right?

Reactions: beersalt

Phuen

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I agree with op's sentiment. Straight up mocking someone's thread without a detailed explanation should just be removed - the poster given a warning in private. (This isn't the same as disagreeing in a detailed argued manner, which is always useful criticism.)

Bad management does reflect on this community.

I've spent seasons outdoors, partially bushcrafting. By far the worst enemy is boredom, so I can sympathize with op looking for easy companionship. I'd be tempted to say, "Have you tried doing this for a week, before you do a whole season?" But in reality I like to jump into things too, and it's really not that complicated. And having a quick exit-strategy is simple, too. :)

(Edited for clarification and context.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

I have to wonder why the admin allows trashy comments in here. Straight up mocking someone's thread without a detailed explanation should just be removed - the poster given a warning in private.

Bad management does reflect on this community.

Thank you for yer opinion on what should and should not be allowed on stp. Perhaps next time you could send someone a message in private as to not post off topic things. At least @Faceplant had a opinion, you just kinda wanted to tell people to not voice theirs and added dick all to the thread. A 2 minute skim of yer post history is pretty reveling and makes me think that the time I've used typing this reply to you could of been better used catching my own farts in jars. If you had a legitimate complaint we would love to hear it, the user who's comment wasn't well received was publicly warned, and then stopped. What more could you possibly ask for?

I'm terribly sorry you feel that way about how "management" reflects on this community.

D

Deleted member 23824

Phuen, I will leave this thread alone - but I feel that StP is a big enough, and open - minded enough place that dissenting opinions can and should have a voice. We shouldn’t only tolerate people who agree with our own point of view, should we?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LEAN

Joe Btfsplk

Reaction score
backpacker420 wrote:

"you don't know too much about driving semi. when a driver gets stuck in the snow during a storm you better know how to start a fire with wood shaving and ferrocerium rod or you will freeze to death when your truck runs out of gas"

How does a semi run out of gas? Semis use fuel, diesel fuel. If you put gasoline in the tanks, you'l l blowup the engine in minutes. Truck driving oogles refer to terms like "run out of gas". Ignorance. Immediately branded as dummies, fakers. Drove the things myself for a number of years; you don't even know the terminology. "Run out of fuel" is not synonymous with "Run out of gas."

Posts like this and I think, "This guy is sketchy". Besides, you would be an idiot if you burned wood shavings in your cab; totally insane. I don't think this post is anywhere near legit, just someones fantasy.

D

Deleted member 24782

7 DAYS, TOPS. THERES NO FUCKIN WAY I COULD SURVIVE IN THE WILD.

As far as I know, @Faceplant has worked hard most his life. He's achieved goals through practical application of skills learned through his lifetime. Through these experiences, he's gained a great deal of common sense. He's raised children and grandchildren. At times, @Faceplant has posted some excessively snide comments on STP that may be taken as shooting down an individuals hopes and dreams. But really, he's playing Devils advocate, which is healthy for radical ideas. So, when a presumably 20 old kid posts some off the wall adventure survivalist idea inviting other people from the internet to join him, it's easy to criticize such efforts.

I just reread the opening post, it's littered with hints of inexperience. You can tell you have never truly "lived in the wild." Your probably a badass outdoors man who could hunt, fish, and whatever, but living in the wild full time? IS ALOT TO CHEW ON.

ARE YOU REALLY DOIN IT THOUGH? I by no means want to underestimate an individuals capabilities, because I know they can be great!!!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads