Let's Squat in NOLA

KatAttack

Reaction score
Website
takeoldmakenew.wordpress.com
Packing up my car and hitting New Orleans soon. Looking to meet up, find a building, and start squatting.
30% of New Orleans is still vacant after Katrina, with a disproportionate amount of "condemned" buildings, making it the perfect place to squat. Just in time for Mardi Gras too :)
If you're in the area and want to form such an alliance, let's become friends.

Cristian

Reaction score
sorry if this sounds retarded but i have no fuckin IDEA where Nola is at...D:
its New orleans then i guess?
i'm a jackass, you don't gotta tell me
-Cristian

D

Deleted member 125

squats in nola usually either get blown the fuck up and raided, or just end up getting raided. be careful if you are even somewhat serious about going through with this. personally nola scares the hell out of me.

KatAttack

Reaction score
Website
i'm currently in baton rouge, should be back down there within the next week. Just gotta get rid of everything that won't fit in my car.
NOLA isn't as scary as the media portrays it to be. You just gotta have situational awareness and power in numbers.

Coby Neal

Reaction score
well i worked like half of last year and im waiting on my incometax. but the beggining of march i plan on heading out was planning on going to atlanta then florida and try to meet travel buddy. then idk from there, but i def wanna go to nola. tho thats one of the places ive always wanted to go. so idk nothings for set in stone right now.

KatAttack

Reaction score
Website
I'm thinking of hitting up Clearwater, FL. The snowbirds will be leaving and the spring break kids will be coming. Makes for some good people watching. Plus all the hobos there were really nice (at least when I lived there).

Coby Neal

Reaction score
yeah i stayed in st.augustine for like a month last year, thats probly one of my favorite cities. i just need to meet some partners, i just wanna big ass gang, maybe a travelin band

KatAttack

Reaction score
Website
When I can get on the road depends on how soon I can get rid of all my crap. Have it all on CraigsList and not too many bites yet. Cause apparently all these LSU students don't need cheap college kid furniture lol.
Once that's done, I'll be off on my journey of the great outdoors.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads