Let's Squat in NOLA

AnthraxMatt

Reaction score
if you plan on starting a real squat house you should read up on Adverse Possession and keep a moderate profile so it doesn't get blown up too soon. otherwise i won't be in nola til May, safe travels.

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
I squatted a few places in Nola. Short term and long. I always had this uneasy feeling that somebody was gonna bust down the door and give us the boot which did happen. I guess that's part of squatting but it just felt different there. Nobody wants to see random stinky white kids invading their neighbors house who they've known for 10 years before katrina and couldn't make it back ya know? Plus after the squat fire two winters ago nobody wants to live next to a squatter anymore.

Johnny Lightspeed

Reaction score
Last time I looked for a squat there I was looking for something not completely devoured by black mold and isolated from neighbors. I think that'd be yer best bet if you were shooting for long term

dylann

Reaction score
i was planning on being out there but i got some places to go first. id say i would probably be out there mid spring. like april sometime. if you're still out there i would be more than happy to help fix it up and what not.

JoelRailDude

Reaction score
Nah i just love this site, 100 times better than facebopok, but real people, no spam BS, Real live chat. Awesome emoticons :eek: And a lot of talk about what i like the most .... Lupc449wleftLwellcenter3 pirateshipwith

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads