Leather Boots

bicycle

Reaction score
Dont go searching but keep your eyes open.
I have tried to buy boots online and 3 times in a row they sent me wrong or defekt ones, i have sent them all back again.
Then i have let it rest, now i have found a pair for free in a free economy shop.
they are pretty worn down but i think I can still beat half a year to one year out of them before they will fall apart.
In the meanwhile check out flee markets, free shops or streets?
Here often shoes can be found on the street like anything else. ( free working dvd players etc )

co creator

Reaction score
i feel that docs are wayyy to heavy to actually do anything in if you are looking for quality boots with unbelievable grip, (can barely slide on ice) and are lighter than anything else go with bates aka cop boots. its my little way of evening the playing field i got a pair at dicks 2 yrs ago for less than $75 they lace in the front and have a side zipper.
(the key to these is how light they are)

rezmutts

Reaction score
In the woods of Tsaile.. house is falling apart..
I've been searching for a good pair of leather boots my whole life now, especially after I hit the road. And as a girl, the search is almost futile. Salvation Amry only stocks in size 11 or up and the ones at Goodwill always have 2 inch heels. What the hell is the point of heels anyway?

I just wanna know if there's anything anyone might know about a good pair of boots and where to find em. Or if it IS just luck and timing in most cases; hand-me-down boots that aren't made like that anymore because the world sucks these days and everything is a piece of shit made to fall apart after a period of time in which the consumer must pay more again...

But back to point. I'm not looking to blow my retirement fund on a pair, but I'm to the point where I'll spend that "over-the-top" price if someone could just direct me to the best pair they know to be in existence.

Oh yeah. And a good way to tell if I'd like em is if they laced up in the front. Screw zippers. They ruin boots. But that was hopefully self-explainatory.

Muchos gracious.
well if replacement is the pooint you should look into what the bs forest service boots like whites. they last awhile and bottom soles are replacable.. I've been searching for good boots for awhile and experimenting, dr. martins suckass in winter and no traction, tactical boots are only good for urban, but i got a pair of zamberlan from goodwill and their really good for any terrian... good luck..

Stimp muffin

Reaction score
What size are you? I have a size 8 (I believe) that an Ex of mine left behind and you are more than welcome to have them, I am in portland currently and plan on being here for a while.

RSTY802510

[NERD]
Reaction score

treyvor

Reaction score
ive heard that osolos are durable and have good traction. my dad had a pair for 19-20 years before replacing them. but they are really expensive though, I think they retail for $250+

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads