Leather Boots

Laa Chase

Reaction score
I've been searching for a good pair of leather boots my whole life now, especially after I hit the road. And as a girl, the search is almost futile. Salvation Amry only stocks in size 11 or up and the ones at Goodwill always have 2 inch heels. What the hell is the point of heels anyway?

I just wanna know if there's anything anyone might know about a good pair of boots and where to find em. Or if it IS just luck and timing in most cases; hand-me-down boots that aren't made like that anymore because the world sucks these days and everything is a piece of shit made to fall apart after a period of time in which the consumer must pay more again...

But back to point. I'm not looking to blow my retirement fund on a pair, but I'm to the point where I'll spend that "over-the-top" price if someone could just direct me to the best pair they know to be in existence.

Oh yeah. And a good way to tell if I'd like em is if they laced up in the front. Screw zippers. They ruin boots. But that was hopefully self-explainatory.

Muchos gracious.

Reactions: todd

Laa Chase

Reaction score
Tru. Docs last a long time. But its hard finding a pair with high tred soles. I hate hiking in docs. Always slip on rocks scares the shit outta me.

None the less I'm wearing a pair right now as well.

xbocax

Reaction score
I have some males size 7 docs i guess that would be a female 81/2? theyre steel toe and in really good condition but nice and worn out, If your interested I could letem go for 25 plus S+H

Laa Chase

Reaction score
@ xbocax
Sounds like I'd be interested. Think you could send me a picture though?

But yeah. Tire Sandles. Very nice.
I'd be more interested if I could make some boots out of them. Where I go I need my ankles covered. The guy who wrote that didn't seem too for it, but I might try making a sole then rubber cementing it to a pair of boots for a while. See how that does. Probably would have to keep the rubber cement and a knife on me from now on though. Plus I don't see what would be so wrong with sewing the edges. I might have to test such an idea later...

"Why is it we can warranty a tire for 50,000 miles but I wear the sole out on my shoes in less than a year?"
Hear-fucking-hear.

acrata4ever

Reaction score
i half made a pair of wooden shoe boots with tire tread. i need bike boots that are waterproof. ill take a pic and post a link.

wickidpenguin

Reaction score
redwing boots... their a little more expensive but they have a 12 month warranty (which i've never needed and my boots are 4 years old) they last forever and you can order them online... oh and their comfortable as hell

Reactions: Psi em

L.C.

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Look up "which boot is your friend on the steel." You will find the bible of boots there.

lostboy

Reaction score
got a pair of size 9 womens docs i can kick down. im hangin up my boots in PA for a few yrs, but if you need em i can ship them general delivery to pretty much anywhere, just need a couple weeks notice (so lemme know when youre a state or two away from where you wanna pick em up) & if you already found some, the offers open to any one that needs em. welcoming another human life into the world, so i m gonna stick around here for a while

Stimp muffin

Reaction score
Ebay has a good source for cheap boots, Try Bates, or Danner brand. Bellview makes good stuff but these are more military boots. But will last you a Long time, and some of them have Water proof gortex lining. m,

kurbster

Reaction score
I got army boots for me and my 6 roomies at the old place out of the priceless local army surplus dumpster. So good. Just braggin' really.

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I bought a pair of docs at one of those workwear type places, a little spendy but I bought them in 2004 and I still wear them everyday. I wore them on the ballast rock countless years and rode across the country with em as well. All the leather is in tact, and other than a slight bit of wear on the outter back portion of my heel cause I have a stupid walk, those soles are even good. I swear by em, they're the best I've ever had. UP used to give us vouchers for boots on their dime so I didn't pay for them but now seeing how long they've held up and by the looks of things I'd say they have another good 5+ years on em left, I'd pay whatever they were askin for my next pair.
http://www.famousfootwear.com/ProductImages/shoes_iaec1208254.jpg
That image is the type I have, with the high tread like you're looking for. I wouldn't recommend the toe plates unless you plan on changing out broken knuckles or other objects that may fall on your feet, but the soles are indestructable it seems... and they're the most comfortable boots I've ever worn as well. I used to have redwings, wolverines, and some cheap brands even cause I read somewhere once the best shoes were the cheapest ones, that was a lie.

K

Kim Chee

Vibram soles are long lasting and can be found on quality boots/shoes.
J8UhYSa3ebD9E2OBgikbv_-lBswdvifpqrWXkSkzM2A7odzvEw.png

Oh, I forgot to mention: The tall heels on some boots are for climbing/descending hills.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads