Learning harmonica... | Squat the Planet

Learning harmonica...

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yeah i picked one up a few months ago, been fuckin around on it a bit. all i do is just blow into it. listen to each different sound it makes and those are the individiual notes. maybe i just have an ear for music, i dunno. also you can cover your hand over the part where the air comes out and move / remove your hand in different ways to also make a different sound.

cricket

Reaction score
I play. it is reall hard to play single notes i would suggest getting a cheapo book there like 4$s or so at a music store. or find one at yer local library. but basically you need to purse your lips like yer kissing someone really dainty keep yer tongue flat and yer stream of air steady. you will be able to hear the difference. a thing you can do to get you on the road of recognizeing single notes is to place yer pointer fingers on the wholes so only one is open and blow thru them. hope this helps i mainly play slow blues so i dont do to much on single notes. good luck!

Reactions: Everymanalion

Everymanalion

Reaction score
I have been reading tutorials and what not about the tongue block method and lip pucker method but i cannot do either. Very frustrating at i am in love with the sound of the instrument and want to play like a fuckin' god right away, thats my idealistic immaturity ha.

cricket

Reaction score
find the do re me fa so la te do scale its a simple fun one to learn for single noteing. i have been playing for a couple years now and i still have a bit of trouble single noteing. so good luck on instant succes!

Ivy

Reaction score
Stick your tongue out against the mouth plate. This blocks the excess holes and lubricates the mouth plate as you play.

You can play some real intricate stuff on the harp once you get the hang of it.

DisgustinDustin

Reaction score
What key? On a C I believe the notes are draw on 2 for G
Blow on 5 for C
Draw on 5 for D..

You can fake the rest.. Just ask your accompanist to play in G..
Spice up your single notes with double stops..
When your aren't playing, keep a price of staw.. Practice blowing and drawing on rhythms in your head.. That's helps develop your form..

I'm not a true harp player but I know a little about most instruments..

Keeper playing!!

Reactions: Everymanalion

outskirts

I ain't getting any younger.
Reaction score
All I can play is "O Susana". Still trying to get "Hard Times Come Again No More" and a few others. I just don't practice as much as
I should.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads