Kicked out of house. What to do? | Squat the Planet

Kicked out of house. What to do?

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
australia perhaps? that's where i want to go. have you been to the states?

Vicki

Reaction score
What do you want to do? Because with that kinda money you can do quite a bit.

Do you know about the A.S.S in london? The little squatting advice place in Whitechapel? If you head down there they will be able to give you advice/information and you may be able to find people looking for other people to squat with ect...???? just an idea.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
What do you want to do? Because with that kinda money you can do quite a bit.

Do you know about the A.S.S in london? The little squatting advice place in Whitechapel? If you head down there they will be able to give you advice/information and you may be able to find people looking for other people to squat with ect...???? just an idea.

damn, yeah, i totally forgot about that place.

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Save the money for sure. In EUrope, you can live for free really easily, and you wont learn how with that kind of money laying around. It's good to have a little emergency stash though, in the case that something goes wrong. Find yourself a decent squat in London until you turn 18, try to learn the ropes of free living there. Once your 18, if London isn't your thing, get out on the road and find something nice. DONT SPEND THAT MONEY!! Seriously, unless you absolutely need to, or are totally sure on what you want, you can really quickly piddle away 1200p on beers, food, and useless crap.
If you really want to spend it, figure out on what. A vehicle is a decent option, you can live in it, and haul scrap or other things with it, to make your money back. 100 cases of beer is a better option. You can make a hell of a lot of friends. For a few days. Until your beer runs out.

Chester Copperpot

Reaction score
Go and stay with a friend if you can or a hostel, winters coming....Put your money in a high interest account and use as little as possible of it. Work through winter, factories usually pay the best money, put that into your account and save it up until winters over and see what your options are then. If you didn't decide to travel there are lots of options for because of your age, your local authority would have to house you as priority, although you get one choice and if you refuse it they aren't legally obliged to find you anywhere else, so think carefully before you use that option. Good luck.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
NZ or Australia I'd agree with as it's just so much easier to travel/camp in warm weather. All the travelling kids here in the state are at their Mom's house until April anyway.
I just tried using couchsurfing for the 1st time, w/ only on 1 rep on my profile, yeah, and it was useless. Has worked for friends though.

Oh wait! When you turn 18 You can get to israel for 250$ refundable deposit www.birthrightisrael.com
There will 5-minute phone interview where they ask you 3 questions: Are you jewish? Whic parent is jewish? One or both parents? And that's how I spent a summer in Israel. No verification required

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads