just a zen punk looking to meet new and interesting people | Squat the Planet

just a zen punk looking to meet new and interesting people

stonedagain

Reaction score
hey everyone, I'm Zach (short for Zachariah). I'm just gonna copy some of this from my profile that I just wrote..

so I've lived in this tiny rural town in Wisconsin (population of about 400) all my life and am planning to finally leave in the spring or summer. I visited and stayed with my pen pal in the UK last year (first time out of the US and first time on a plane!) for about 3 months and that gave me the confidence to finally start traveling alone. I'm currently in the process of selling all of my possessions on eBay and then I will be traveling across the US and trying the nomad life, something i've dreamt of doing since I was a kid. I am looking to make new and interesting friends and/or travel partners. I would especially like to find someone to go to concerts with and to just explore interesting cities around America. preferably someone who is into real alternative music.

I'm an artsy type of person and a huge music and film buff. Music is the biggest part of my life. I listen to almost any genre you can think of (yes even some hip hop and country!) but my most favorite types of music are experimental, electronic, punk/noise, ambient, new wave/goth-y type of stuff (both modern and 80's stuff), folk, old twangy country/rockabilly, etc etc Would also be interested in starting some kind of experimental band if anyone was interested..
I'm also an art nerd (love going to museums and such). I especially love minimalism and primitivism in art. I make all sorts of art in many different mediums. Drawing, photography, graphic design, video editing/filmmaking, I make weird electronic music on my laptop and an amateur guitar player. My most recent project is a two part, nearly 4 hour, experimental film that i'm just about finished with and am very proud of.

what else..I'm an INFP if you know anything about the Meyers Briggs personality test. I'm one of the most laid back people you'll ever meet. I get along with almost anyone and try to always treat others as I would like to be treated. I'm very 420 friendly and somewhat of a psychonaut if you're into that lifestyle. I love reading beat era writing and poetry, and as fate would have it, I share my birthday with Jack Kerouac!

I don't have a car anymore so I plan on getting around by bus or amtrak, but it would be awesome if I
could find a travel partner with a car! I can help pay for gas or even buy you concert tickets in exchange for rides. right now i've got tickets to see three gigs in Detroit in the next two months but haven't quite figured out how i'm going to get there yet.. If any punks are in my area and want to go with me to some shows, that would be great, even better if you have a car! I've got tickets to see John Maus, Titus Andronicus, and Lightning Bolt at El Club in Mexicantown, Detroit. like I said I can pay for tickets or gas if you do the driving! shoot me a message if any of this interests you!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
you sound awesome, welcome to the site! i too am a movie buff, but i feel like i've been running short on good movies to watch that i haven't seen before. are you going back to the UK soon?

Reactions: stonedagain

stonedagain

Reaction score
hi, thanks! awesome site dude, loving this place already. for sure I can recommend some films! what kind of movies are you into? I'm not sure if i'll be going back to the UK. I'd definitely love to do more international travel, but it's just so expensive, especially in Europe. I had a lot of money saved up before I went there and came back with almost nothing haha. but it was worth it to gain some travel experience and I saw a lot of great gigs there. so yeah, I figured i'll just sell my stuff and travel around the US for now. I plan on traveling around to different intentional communities or using airbnb.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
for sure I can recommend some films!

What about travel films? I'm thinking about starting a travel films forum for discussing/recommending/reviewing here on StP.

stonedagain

Reaction score
What about travel films? I'm thinking about starting a travel films forum for discussing/recommending/reviewing here on StP.

you mean like road trip movies? those are my favorite kind! like Two Lane Blacktop, Paris, Texas, The Endless Summer, Five Easy Pieces, most stuff by Jim Jarmusch (Stranger Than Paradise, Night on Earth, etc), Before Sunset, and of course Easy Rider! I know there's a lot more but those are some of my favorites off the top of my head. oh and yeah that'd be cool to have a film forum section!

anyiki

Reaction score
Website
fantasy-spaces.info
hey welcome! sounds like your interests are far and wide, let it be known if you ever find your way up to new england. lots of music and art up there and the summer's lush and green as hell. it would be sweet to hang!

Reactions: stonedagain

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads