Video - Is the zipper on your sleeping bag or pack separated? Try this shit. | Squat the Planet

Video Is the zipper on your sleeping bag or pack separated? Try this shit.

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So, the zipper on my sleeping bag separated, and wouldn't zip up anymore. I looked around the interwebs for a bit, and I found a solution.

SPOILER ALERT: It fucking works. I've already tried the method in the video, and now my sleeping bag zips up perfectly again.

http://www.metaspoon.com/zipper-broken-fix-trick?cat=diy

D

Deleted member 125

i think most of us have been there. just one of the hundreds of reasons to always carry a decent multi tool, i swear they are worth their weight in gold.

A

AlwaysLost

So, the zipper on my sleeping bag separated, and wouldn't zip up anymore. I looked around the interwebs for a bit, and I found a solution.

SPOILER ALERT: It fucking works. I've already tried the method in the video, and now my sleeping bag zips up perfectly again.

http://www.metaspoon.com/zipper-broken-fix-trick?cat=diy

Thank you mighty Viking Adventurer for saving the zipper on my favorite jacket. It would be very cold without my windbreaker.

VikingAdventurer

Guardian of the Knowledge of the Wastes
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you hadn't said you'd already had success I'd never believe it lol

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw the video!

Seems to be a common problem.

Also, a little wax on a zipper is good for lubrication.

Thanks for posting.

Thank YOU for the additional protip!

...one of the hundreds of reasons to always carry a decent multi tool, I swear they are worth their weight in gold.

Shit, my Leatherman wave is worth *MY* weight in gold!

Thank you mighty Viking Adventurer for saving the zipper on my favorite jacket. It would be very cold without my windbreaker.

Same for my sleeping bag! I was super pissed off at first, because it's a $100+ bag, and for something as simple as a fuckin' ZIPPER, I was starting to think I might have to find a new one.

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads