is anyone on here happy with their love life?? (1 Viewer)

We sell all kinds of other stuff in our Etsy store!
D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
I have an amazing open relationship with my right hand. She gets me off whenever i feel the need and never gets jealous if i get my left hand to get me off. Also she never gets jealous of me dating other women. I dont think we would ever break up

D

Deleted member 22054

I deleted myself
Occasionally my right hand might finger a girl but thats completely fine. We are in a open relationship and we are both 100% happy

roughdraft

ain´t nobody cool
Lifetime Supporter
Current Location
traveling
i have had some proper times with sexual and romantic partners and i look forward to meeting someone i can take it even further with...will that happen anytime soon? it always seems to spring up out of nowhere 'when least expected' as it's said

at the same time it's been a fairly long while since and i don't care if it doesn't happen for another year, five years, or ever again, only that it's Quality

Last edited:

quad8

Nowhere bound...
Current Location
Brunswick, Georgia
You want something "positive"? Let me put it to you this way. I never got involved in having a relationship, period. I never had a girlfriend ever since I was born, and I am already 35 and a half now. I continue to pursue business and education long enough where I never slowed down or settled for a relationship. That to me is the only reason I remain single. I learned real fast that it is better for me to chase my own dreams instead of chasing women - or nothing else let the women try to chase me.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
@large
I have 2 partners far apart, and still I was eager to hook up with that Korean BBQ waitress who asked if I wanted a fork...

In other words, milking it for all it’s worth!

Last edited by a moderator:

Engineer J Lupo

the most derailingest mod.
Staff member
Current Location
530 Rackerby, California
Website
youtu.be
Oooh, positivity on this subject is tricky. I mean I've seen some really cute couples in their 80's and 90's n shit, been married like seventy somethin years they're just all hella adorable together still. I guess it's possible to find that one person who truly gets you. Just seems about as likely as finding a unicorn though. I think if that's what you want, then you should look for it. Doesn't matter how negative everyone else is, go find your unicorn.

In my experiences, I believe I'm happier being single. Here's my story about love and shit.

Her and I met through a college radio station, we were 15 years old. It was always so dead at night, like her and I were the only listeners. We were the only listeners calling in and making requests at least. I heard her name enough times, I liked her taste in music. I called the DJ and asked him to pass my number to her when she called in again. He got on the air after the song playing had ended and asked her to call into the station.

She called me some time later, as it turned out we'd met at a punk show several months prior so that was kind of serendipitous to find her so randomly again. She asked me to describe myself and exactly where I was at the concert and she just so happened to be the friend of the strange girl who asked to touch my hair.

We talked more but she wasn't really feelin me. I liked who she was as a person so we became best friends and we were good at being friends. Eight years later, I'm at the Sierra Nevada World Music Festival for three days. Someone left 18 voicemails on my pager, I rushed to a payphone thinking someone had died. I never saw so many alerts in a day.

The voicemails were from her, she found herself missing me, wishing I'd return to town but felt confused and didn't understand why she had these feelings all of a sudden. I returned home quickly, she was pregnant within a month. We had our daughter in April of 99, she was pregnant so soon after that, my son was then born in March of 00. They're ten months and some days apart, Irish twins they call that.

Our relationship wasn't always easy, taking a job with the railroad out of town didn't help. We had a couple breaks, we tried to repair it. After 14 years being married, we had a series of conversations in the backyard away from the kids. No fighting, just lots of tears and hugs. We decided we were always better at being friends, so we agreed to revert back to that.

We've been divorced about five years now, we're best friends. I helped her move into her boyfriend's house last year, it all feels very functional and right. She's a stellar human being, she's the mother of our children(an amazing mother at that), and she's my bestie. We still say "I love you" and we still give each other hugs.

I have some regrets, I made some mistakes for sure but all in all I wouldn't change the way things are today if I could go back. I think relationships are extremely hard to navigate through. It's always really easy at first but the challenges will arise. I think you just enjoy the time with that person while times are good with that person.

I don't think it's natural for us to be monogamous forever. It doesn't feel natural once you're all locked into it by marriage. I think marriage is a fucking terrible idea for anyone. Why do I have to pay the county money to express exactly how much I love someone? How does an expensive ring have anything to do with love? Why do I gotta pay the county money again and go through all kinds of court bullshit if I want to part ways with that person?

Fuck all that. If I get married again it's gonna be some hippie shit. Proclaim your love for a person with the family present, this is my wife/this is my husband blah blah.. But that'll be it. Just a simple understanding between two people and if the families care to witness, then come witness. No legal sleaze, just understanding.

As far as sex positivity, it can be pretty fuckin awesome! My FWB moved to Crescent City earlier in the year and I'm pretty sure she packed the sex into one of the moving boxes because I haven't seen it in a minute.

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
@large
'Happy' can mean many different things - you gotta mill through a lot of shit for a few precious kernels...
Remember: you have a mind that dreams and an ass that craps, and happiness is a momentary balance hovering somewhere between the two

'Keep an open mind' is the best advice - the broader the opening, the better the opportunity to encounter 'happy'

Be advised however - you'll be dealing with a greater volume of shit

take it from a plumber with >30 years experience...

Last edited by a moderator:

Inuyoujo

Current Location
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Website
youjoworks.weebly.com
I learned real fast that it is better for me to chase my own dreams instead of chasing women - or nothing else let the women try to chase me.
That's good advice for everyone. Chase dreams and goals; not people! Or, better yet, let people come to you, without the idea of "chasing". Because, another word for that can be "stalking" and it's deserved to need to be mindful of the level of consent we're agreeing to with our words. And, even if it isn't to that degree, I feel like the right person won't have to chase anyone. Anything but "yes" means "no".

marmar

Current Location
New mexico
No-one s happy here! With anything!
You may find some inspiration here on how to not fuck up a relationship, or learn on bad examples of travelling couples, that last about 2 weeks on average
I love myself as a fuckup I am so don't fuck with me! Lmao

QU1DAM

Lurker
Current Location
Away
I think the jaded and dampened mood may be related to, long term relationships require a certain amount of stability and regularity to sustain... and traveling isn’t usually the most stable or regular long term situation...

Fuzzypeach

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Current Location
Tacoma, WA
I am married and poly. We have been together for 20 years and were always poly. I also have a wonderful lover who treats me like I am the only woman in the world. He makes me very happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Macon for a super hot minute. Who what when where?
Finished an initial draft of a floorplan for my new van:
A lot has happened since returning to California. Just two days after returning from the road, I grew the courage to leave my abusive SO and stop hiding her abuse. I returned to my hometown in the Bay Area; I’m now going to stay housed up here until next summer as I recover from trauma and save up for my next adventure. I’ve just gotten a job offer, and will be renting a room of my own here!
I learned a lot about myself and the world on the road, but I know vagabonding is the life for me!
I never did complete an update here, did I?
Well, I rubbertramped all across the country, back from Boston with a fellow moderator from R&V. We drove from there to Las Vegas over the course of a month! I saw 4 national parks, 30 states, and crossed over 6000+ miles. I came back to Los Angeles on June 15th, having achieved my goal of hitchhiking the entire country, and was on the road for over two months.
3 weeks of CDL training starting Monday. Im so excited. Living in semi is an upgrade from living in the van, especially since your getting paid for it! Hells yea!!!
A list of all the magic stores in the U.S. would be a sick feature on stp. Imagine you get off the train desperately in need of smokes and a slam, but you got ran off every corner... Dont worry stp knows exactly where you can get pall malls and some steelies with those foodies you picked up in the last town.
Engineer J Lupo wrote on Matt Derrick's profile.
Happy Birthday, dad!
I really need to find someone catching out around at joseph... I don't know if I can do this for the first time in my own...
you are not immune to propaganda
EastCoastTurtle wrote on sydaavicious's profile.
You sould come chill in Bend. Could show you around. + its super chill out here.

Staff online