I write messages on benches...(chicago)

IsisHobbler

Reaction score
....well i used to write messages on benches...i haven't in quite a while, but it seemed like a good enough headline. I am seeking people to hang out with and hopefully travel with who live in Chicago. I can leave anytime after the beginning of February. I'd like to learn to live mostly, eventually without money. I would love to live entirely on the road,hitching and hopping trains, and in squats in the city and/or forests as a lifestyle (or at least try), something I mostly haven't done (aside from a short lived trip sleeping in the woods without a tent and on a bench with someone else, roaming the streets at night and sleeping in university chairs and cafes during the day until getting kicked out, once sleeping on overgrown rails one night and a squat others found for a few days in chicago) but would like to learn from someone or someones that have lots of experience or those who would like to learn with me. I have interest in heading to New Orleans but open to anywhere really. I'd like to maybe swim in hot springs in the summertime.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
What kind of stuff did u write?? thought I saw some at bus stops and what not, cant really remember what they said. Anyhow, welcome to STP. Good luck finding someone in chicago right now as far as I know kids just pass through there this time of year. They don't really stay but who knows maybe you'll get lucky. Go to wicker park theyll be somewhere around there for sure if there are any hanigin out.

CdCase123

Reaction score
i am in the chicago suburbs working. and was actually planning on riding the old IC line down to new orleans around late jan/feb before flying out to asia. although ive been making so much fast cash, i might just scratch the NOLA idea and book a flight straight for the far east. but who knows. i say just go out there and learn yourself.

marc

Reaction score
i dont think many travelin kids are hanging out in wicker park anymore since the 77 kids are beating traveler kids up. supposedly the 77 kids hang out in wicker park and boys town so if your going through chitown watch your back in those areas. and i know this because a friend of mine got jumped by about 20 77 kids in wicker park and had to get staples in his head.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Yeah my homegirl got fucked up by like 4 of those fuckers. she had to go to the hospital.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads