I was Kicked off AmCrap | Squat the Planet

I was Kicked off AmCrap

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
I guess it started in Eugene Or when some Jackass got on the train. Early 50s. Type of person who wakes up angry. Sat 3 seats behind me. 15 min after the train left Eugene he started bitching about the smell of "Ass". I am 100% convinced it was his upper lip. I didn't smell any "Ass" smell. Not that I know what "Ass" smells like.
About an 30 min before the train got to Chemult, I decided to go down to the bar car and drink a couple beers. A couple minutes later as I was finishing up my first beer and he walked up to the little table I was sitting at and started glaring at me. This would be my first encounter with him.

"Can I help you sir?" I asked him.
"Yeah, you should take off that jersey." he said. "He was a disgrace to the game. Couldn't break those records without steroids. " (Jose Canseco never broke any of the home run records)
I let out a little laugh. "Well maybe you can't read, but the name on this jersey says Canseco, not McGwire."
"So you are a smartass?" he asked.
"No." shaking my head "I can't sit on a bowl of ice cream and tell you what the flavor is."
"Do you know what I do for a living?" he asked.
"I don't care what you do" I said. "so don't be coming at me starting shit. I'm not the fucking one."
He took a step back. Puffed up his chest and pointed his finger at me for a few seconds. Then left.

As we pulled into Klamath Falls, I was at this time in the observation car. I went up to my seat to get my pack of smokes and get off the train for the few minutes allowed for the smoke break.
"What do you do for a living? Sell dope?" He yelled to me from his seat.
"I teach martial arts." I told him.
He stood up and took steps towards me "Martial arts ain't going to help you if you don't take that jersey off"
"Wanna try and take it off me?" I asked.
He reached out and took hold of my jersey in my chest area. The next thing I know, he was on the ground, I was hunched over him holding him in an arm bar.

So the employees got us both off the train. The police came. At first I was put in handcuffs. I guess I dislocated the mans shoulder. The Jackass and employees told them I attacked the man. When I told the police what happened which matched what witnesses said, they took the cuffs off. They asked me if I wanted to press charges and I told them no. Now that it was proven who came at who, AmCrap still wouldn't let me back on the train. They told me a few other passengers complained that I seemed to be intoxicated, and they feel threatened by me. I drank two small cans of Bud Light and sat for the two hours in the observation car. The jackass kept ranting about wearing the jersey was promoting drug use to the kids on the train. I'm sure if you asked anyone under the age of 18 on the train if they know who Jose Canseco was, not one could tell you. I just got off the phone with AmCrap customer service. They only offered me a refund of the trip difference. Klamath Falls to Redding. I told them to fuck right off and I will NEVER ride that crap again.

Growing up being a fan of MLB, I did not care what Jose Canseco did in the clubhouse or in his personal life. All I cared about is what he did when he stepped into the Batters Box. I don't use drugs. I'm not racist(I hate everyone equally). And I'm not a smartass. Just a little sarcastic here and there.

On a happy note, my time in Seattle this year was great. We paid our respects to Bruce and Brandon Lee. I also got to have lunch with the Infamous Barefoot Bandit.

roughdraft

Reaction score
damn, what an ignorant prick, hopefully he won't forget what all that fuckery got him.

also, i'm almost 29 and have no idea who the accused steroid user is, hah

not a criticism aimed at you, but just to add a bit, this is why i never wear anything sportsteam related. my recent host wanted to give me a couple of these nice São Paulo futbol shirts, they were mad comfortable but i ultimately told him to pass em to someone else. they seem to attract the second circuit retards who wanna make unwanted comments and even start trouble, I've seen it and heard about it in the United States, Brasil and Chile. the places i like to be usually for various reasons, and i see it as just another excuse for dumbasses to vent since they have nothing going for them.

just god damn, another grown man going at another grown man for the clothes he is wearing..... if that doesn't scream low consciousness

D

Deleted member 125

@BradKajukenbo for real though you know what ass smells like don't be lying.

That dialogue sounds like something out of a steven segal straight to DVD film. Isn't it like not kosher to use martial arts just because some numb skull doesn't like yer t shirt? By the sound of it you kinda egged the dude on.

Older Than Dirt

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
He reached out and took hold of my jersey in my chest area. The next thing I know, he was on the ground, I was hunched over him holding him in an arm bar.

If you really are a martial arts teacher, you sure have some thinking to do. You are very lucky your immature behavior only got you thrown off a train.

This just putting dude "on the ground [...] in an arm bar" with a dislocated shoulder just kinda happened, without your conscious intention, when clearly there was no actual threat of harm? So no bullshit about "in some situations, the training just takes over" would apply right?

Some guy gave you some shit and touched you, you attacked him, and got lucky . Your "training" didn't get you imprisoned, or sued (since you have posted about all the expensive things you own, that he might own if he'd hit the deck a little different). Of course, he may yet sue you.

You should be happy, instead of whining how your tough-guy fantasy did not work out the way you wanted it to.

What did you think would happen when you got in a fight with another passenger? Free Bud Lights in the dining car on Amtrak, as the admiring other passengers gathered around you to feel your muscles?

Probably you should also consider not going around being an asshole to strangers.

I know you like to pretend you are a tough guy, but that is because you are scared of other people. There really are tough guys out there as hard as you want folks to believe you are, and wimpy little guys you are sure you can kick the ass of might be strapped and blow you away.

Disclaimer: i do not practice law. Nothing contained in this post is legal advice. As always, everyone should always get legal advice from a competent attorney admitted in their jurisdiction before doing, or failing to do, anything whatever.

Last edited:

Glass Roads

Reaction score
I think he has a pretty valid right to be upset after being tossed off the train for basically fitting into a 'public danger' stereotype. Shouldn't have been kicked off the train for defending himself. Sounds like he made it pretty clear what would happen if the dude tried anything AFTER threatening him. I'm not sure how one could say he was going around being assholes to strangers when he called the guy sir upon meeting him and tried to lighten the situation with a joke.

Way to stand up to some prick trying to intimidate you. Hopefully he learns something from the dislocated shoulder.

• Agree
Reactions: iamwhatiam

roughdraft

Reaction score
there is definitely some truth to takin the high ground, just tellin a guy like this [I dont have a problem with you] firmly, and nothing else, even more powerful the nastier the bullshit they are tryin to throw on me. this throws em off, and defuses the situation, it has worked for me a couple times.

on this occasion it may after all have been the budlight talkin eh..both parties were clearly wrong, but bein the bigger individual sometimes means just lettin the flies follow the shittier head, a la Pigpen in the Peanuts cartoon

D

Deleted member 125

I think he has a pretty valid right to be upset after being tossed off the train for basically fitting into a 'public danger' stereotype. Shouldn't have been kicked off the train for defending himself. Sounds like he made it pretty clear what would happen if the dude tried anything AFTER threatening him. I'm not sure how one could say he was going around being assholes to strangers when he called the guy sir upon meeting him and tried to lighten the situation with a joke.

Way to stand up to some prick trying to intimidate you. Hopefully he learns something from the dislocated shoulder.

I'd be a bit more inclined to agree if the dialogue that was typed was actually how it went down. But I doubt it went down like op typed it, I mean come on that's just a little bit hard to buy.

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score

He got thrown off the train for getting in a fight with, and injuring, another passenger, not fitting a stereotype.

Putting someone on the ground in an arm-lock with a dislocated shoulder because they "took hold of [your] jersey in [your] chest area" is not "self defense" in most jurisdictions, or even close to it. "Self defense" means using force proportionate to the force used against you.

Most likely, what really happened is that the guy he assaulted declined to press charges against him because he wanted to get on with his trip, not sit in a small-town police station filling out forms. Any DA could get felony assault out of OP's version of events. Attempted murder would also be a reasonable charge- OP has posted here often about what a bad-ass he is, and probably says stuff like that all the time.

"Making it pretty clear" that you are an immature asshole with a short fuse does not make your subsequent acts not assholery, criminal, or likely to get you sued.

And as @SlankyLanky points out, we only have his version of this incident to go on, which does sound like a macho fantasy crafted to seek sympathy on this site, not a true narrative of real events.

Most likely he is an even bigger asshole than he makes himself out to be.

Disclaimer: i do not practice law. Nothing contained in this post is legal advice. As always, everyone should always get legal advice from a competent attorney admitted in their jurisdiction before doing, or failing to do, anything whatever.

Last edited:
  • Epic
Reactions: Juan Derlust

Glass Roads

Reaction score
If what was originally posted was true, I commend him for defending himself against some agro prick (really don't care what the legal definition is). If you don't find his chain of events possible, then I would wager you haven't rode public transit/greyhound/amtrack enough.

That being said, we are indeed only hearing his side of the story. And yes, this could all be blown out of proportion events that fit a tough guy fantasy.

iamwhatiam

Burrito fund contributor
StP Supporter
Reaction score
if someone puts their hands on me in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable or threatened, then i would sure as hell push back or something at least. i don't know why people are defending the guy who put his hands on OP's jersey. people like that think they can push people around with no repercussions. i'm glad he got his ass handed to him...people like that need to be knocked down a peg. OP did nothing wrong IMO

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
He got thrown off the train for getting in a fight with, and injuring, another passenger, not fitting a stereotype.

Putting someone on the ground in an arm-lock with a dislocated shoulder because they "took hold of [your] jersey in [your] chest area" is not "self defense" in most jurisdictions, or even close to it.

Most likely, what really happened is that the guy he assaulted declined to press charges against him because he wanted to get on with his trip, not sit in a small-town police station filling out forms. Any DA could get felony assault out of OP's version of events. Attempted murder would also be a reasonable charge- OP has posted here often about what a bad-ass he is, and probably says stuff like that all the time.

"Making it pretty clear" that you are an immature asshole with a short fuse does not make your subsequent acts not assholery, criminal, or likely to get you sued.

And as @SlankyLanky points out, we only have his version of this incident to go on, which does sound like a macho fantasy crafted to seek sympathy on this site, not a true narrative of real events.

Most likely he is an even bigger asshole than he makes himself out to be.

I don't walk around with any ego, nor I am I an asshole to any stranger. What you are saying is FAR from any truth. Just a simple guy who makes a living teaching Self Defense. Yes I left out bits. Had I gone into every detail of every word said, it would have been a very long LONG post. And I don't need any sympathy out of anyone here or anywhere.

Lets say I have this big ego or macho fantasy which you seem to believe. Wouldn't my walls be filled with Trophies and awards for such macho badassness? If I engage into a fight with everyone I come across who is a dickhead, I would have a criminal record by now or be in prison. I don't compete nor do I make my whole life around martial arts. Its just a hobby that pays the bills. If that makes me an asshole, I'm down with that.

The post was about my frustration with AmCrap, the asshole on the train which got me kicked off. Though I mention I teach martial arts, and you pop off with some arrogant ego judging me of being someone who runs around looking for fights because I know martial arts. In my opinion, you are no different then the man judging me of being something I'm not because I wore a Jose Canseco baseball shirt.

The moment he put his hand on me or my jersey, that is an assault no matter what I said to him. As for the self defense laws the moment he stepped towards me after threatening me I had the right use reasonable force or defensive force, for the purpose of defending myself from harm or any great bodily injury. And I think I was reasonable. He claimed his shoulder was dislocated but refused to be checked out by EMT? Being a martial artist with some macho ego fantasy as you are suggesting, then perhaps the story would be how I fucked the guy up so bad and he is on life support...

Just saying your wrong.

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
The thing is, OP never says, or even hints, that he felt threatened, or scared. Of course admitting to fear would not fit with the tough-guy image he is trying to play off.

But part of having the right to defend yourself is having a reasonable fear of someone hurting you. This is why cops who have shot some unarmed black 9 year old go into court, and testi-lie that the kid terrified them. They know they sound like pathetic cowards, but they know what they have to say to not go to prison.

He does makes clear the dude pissed him off, and "took hold" of his sportsball jersey. If you notice, he does not even claim the guy he assaulted touched any part of his body.

According to his own version, he assaulted the guy. And we haven't heard his victim's version.

@BradKajukenbo: I am not familiar with the law of whatever godforsaken state Klamath Falls is in, but you have what i consider to be very very confused ideas about self defense and the law. I URGE YOU TO CONSULT A CRIMINAL LAWYER BEFORE GOING INTO A PUBLIC PLACE AGAIN.

Also: i said it before and will try again. You should stop doing shit like that. Your judgement is very bad. Stay out of trouble instead of seeking it out to prove something to yourself. There are REAL dangerous people out there; you are not one of them. Stop before you pull this shit on someone who will kill, maim, or cripple you. Prison is the least of your worries.

Last edited:

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
If you actually have any real martial arts training, you know damn well your teacher would slap you silly if you told them that lame-ass story. Also, if you actually teach martial arts, you are a shameful example for your students.

I am certain that you, as a wanna-be tough guy, have seen enough martial arts movies to know i'm right here, even if you are lying about studying and teaching martial arts.

in any case, you can do better, and should.

• Agree
Reactions: Juan Derlust
D

Deleted member 125

Only because it seems relevant to the discussion as to op's state of mind or behavior but @BradKajukenbo you have "republican/conservative" listed in yer profile and tbh to me, and I'm sure the vast majority of members of stp that's a nice clear red flag that you seem like the kind of dude who doesn't have the best ccontrol of his temper.

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
I am certain that you, as a wanna-be tough guy, have seen enough martial arts movies to know i'm right here, even if you are lying about studying and teaching martial arts.

Think what you want I guess. Again your wrong. lol

I studied Kaukenbo under the late Grandmaster Frank Conway
My school is ran under K.S.D.I.
I teach martial arts with Sifu Joshua Bersettie
South Redding Self Defense
7340 Pacheco School Rd
Redding Ca 96002
530-338-2636

Yes I do study and teach martial arts. No lie.
Here I am teaching my Jr. Ranks
15541899_10211633461656983_5748039662046122025_n.jpg

Let me ask you this. Where do you get your martial arts knowledge? Because if it is from all those martial arts movies you've seen enough of, then really you don't have any right to say anything about when a person can defend themselves.

Your posts really don't make much sense. You don't have to fear for your life or feel your life is threatened to use self defense unless the martial artist takes his attackers life. I did not fear at any time my life was in danger so there was no need for me to use such force. I did fell threatened that he could do me harm when he did started towards me. I defended myself and we both walked away.

I never said at anytime the guy pissed me off. I wasn't pissed. I was annoyed. The moment you get pissed or angry, you lose the fight. And if someone comes to me being an asshole i'm going to tell them to fuck off. NOTHING macho about that. Pretty much anyones normal reaction. So sit here and post all this crap like you know exactly who I am, your wrong.

I'll leave ya with a quote from my teacher. The one who you say should slap me upside my head.
When someone comes at you, I want you to GET IN. GET IT DONE. GO HOME. Don't hesitate

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
Only because it seems relevant to the discussion as to op's state of mind or behavior but @BradKajukenbo you have "republican/conservative" listed in yer profile and tbh to me, and I'm sure the vast majority of members of stp that's a nice clear red flag that you seem like the kind of dude who doesn't have the best ccontrol of his temper.

I understand that. No lie. I am very conservative in my political views which I do not care to express or talk about politics. I don't vote. I do get angry like everyone else. If I didn't have any control of my anger, being a martial artist, I'd probably be in prison or jail by now wouldn't you think?

BradKajukenbo

Reaction score
If nothing else, this thread has been instructive - I've learned Kajukenbo is a martial arts form comprising a whatever-it-takes philosophy. However, the idea of a middle-aged father embracing combat with some random asshole with obvious issues is astonishing to me. Being from Paradise, I was looking forward to reading your travelog. From your narrative, every interaction was an escalation - to a foregone conclusion. Apparently you got what it takes to bring a man to his knees - do you know how to guide a person to reason?

**without violence

I was hoping that telling him I teach self defense for a living was reason enough. Now I don't know if he took that as a challenge. When he first approached me, the thing I said about the ice cream I was hoping would lighten him up and hell, maybe have a beer. I had an extra one. But it didn't pan out that way.

I was annoyed with the guy. I admit that. Though had he kept his hands to himself it wouldn't have happened. He made that choice to grab me. I think the employees who sat there and listened to him complain and harass other people with his pissed at the world attitude should have been the ones reasoning with him.

Older Than Dirt

Banned
Reaction score
@BradKajukenbo ONE MORE TIME: YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE LAW AROUND SELF DEFENSE. CONSULT A CRIMINAL LAWYER BEFORE GOING INTO A PUBLIC PLACE AGAIN.

Thank you for listing the martial arts lineage you say you have brought shame on. I can't find any mention of anything called KDSI on the wikipedia page for "Kaukenbo"

The address you provide is a residential building with no signs of a dojo, according to Google Maps Streetview. The phone number is not listed to a martial arts school. Google has no hits for the word string "South Redding Self Defense", or for "South Redding Family Martial Arts", the version of the name of this "school" that you use on your profile page.

Your teacher sounds like an asshole too.

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads