I was Kicked off AmCrap (1 Viewer)

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
If nothing else, this thread has been instructive - I've learned Kajukenbo is a martial arts form comprising a whatever-it-takes philosophy. However, the idea of a middle-aged father embracing combat with some random asshole with obvious issues is astonishing to me. Being from Paradise, I was looking forward to reading your travelog. From your narrative, every interaction was an escalation - to a foregone conclusion. Apparently you got what it takes to bring a man to his knees - do you know how to guide a person to reason?

**without violence

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!
OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
Only because it seems relevant to the discussion as to op's state of mind or behavior but @BradKajukenbo you have "republican/conservative" listed in yer profile and tbh to me, and I'm sure the vast majority of members of stp that's a nice clear red flag that you seem like the kind of dude who doesn't have the best ccontrol of his temper.
I understand that. No lie. I am very conservative in my political views which I do not care to express or talk about politics. I don't vote. I do get angry like everyone else. If I didn't have any control of my anger, being a martial artist, I'd probably be in prison or jail by now wouldn't you think?

OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
If nothing else, this thread has been instructive - I've learned Kajukenbo is a martial arts form comprising a whatever-it-takes philosophy. However, the idea of a middle-aged father embracing combat with some random asshole with obvious issues is astonishing to me. Being from Paradise, I was looking forward to reading your travelog. From your narrative, every interaction was an escalation - to a foregone conclusion. Apparently you got what it takes to bring a man to his knees - do you know how to guide a person to reason?

**without violence
I was hoping that telling him I teach self defense for a living was reason enough. Now I don't know if he took that as a challenge. When he first approached me, the thing I said about the ice cream I was hoping would lighten him up and hell, maybe have a beer. I had an extra one. But it didn't pan out that way.

I was annoyed with the guy. I admit that. Though had he kept his hands to himself it wouldn't have happened. He made that choice to grab me. I think the employees who sat there and listened to him complain and harass other people with his pissed at the world attitude should have been the ones reasoning with him.

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
@BradKajukenbo ONE MORE TIME: YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE LAW AROUND SELF DEFENSE. CONSULT A CRIMINAL LAWYER BEFORE GOING INTO A PUBLIC PLACE AGAIN.

Thank you for listing the martial arts lineage you say you have brought shame on. I can't find any mention of anything called KDSI on the wikipedia page for "Kaukenbo"

The address you provide is a residential building with no signs of a dojo, according to Google Maps Streetview. The phone number is not listed to a martial arts school. Google has no hits for the word string "South Redding Self Defense", or for "South Redding Family Martial Arts", the version of the name of this "school" that you use on your profile page.

Your teacher sounds like an asshole too.

Disclaimer: i do not practice law. Nothing contained in this post is legal advice. As always, everyone should always get legal advice from a competent attorney admitted in their jurisdiction before doing, or failing to do, anything whatever.

Last edited:

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
@Juan Derlust : i copied his spelling from his post about his imaginary school, but i did read the right wikipedia article, the one you posted: "I studied Kaukenbo under the late Grandmaster Frank Conway".

Juan Derlust

Resident itinerant paradoxymoron
StP Supporter
Current Location
in medias res
I studied verbal jujitsu under GrandMaster Flash

Clearly, the stranger on the train was a jerk - fortunately for @BradKajukenbo (and his loved ones), an unarmed one. I'm glad it didn't turn out worse for him - surely we can all understand Amtrak's no brawling policy. Human behavior is mostly impulse followed by rationalization - and fairly predictable. Far be it for me to tell someone how to run their show. I guess it was worth being thrown off the train?
img_1966-jpg.52433_I was Kicked off AmCrap_General Banter_Squat the Planet_8:12 PM

at ~50+, I seriously doubt that individual is going to alter his behavior unless ordered by a doctor or a judge, so there's no real lesson learned here. I suppose Jose Canseco could possibly read this and be gratified his honor was defended

Last edited:

Glass Roads

Lurker
Current Location
Pullman, WA
So I just called the number for shits and giggles. Someone answered and said "South redding self defense"... I double clarified and then said "Uh ok. Just checking." lol That probably wierded them out but I @Older Than Dirt had me wondering.
Sounded pretty legit.

OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
@BradKajukenbo ONE MORE TIME: YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF THE LAW AROUND SELF DEFENSE. CONSULT A CRIMINAL LAWYER BEFORE GOING INTO A PUBLIC PLACE AGAIN.

Thank you for listing the martial arts lineage you say you have brought shame on. I can't find any mention of anything called KDSI on the wikipedia page for "Kaukenbo"

The address you provide is a residential building with no signs of a dojo, according to Google Maps Streetview. The phone number is not listed to a martial arts school. Google has no hits for the word string "South Redding Self Defense", or for "South Redding Family Martial Arts", the version of the name of this "school" that you use on your profile page.

Your teacher sounds like an asshole too.

Disclaimer: i do not practice law. Nothing contained in this post is legal advice. As always, everyone should always get legal advice from a competent attorney admitted in their jurisdiction before doing, or failing to do, anything whatever.

you must be on some dick dust or something to have such a boner to try and prove what? But its cool. Settle down LMAO

KSDI = Kajukenbo Self-Defense Institute
aka The Black Belt Society

Fast fingers fucks up the fun. My mistake its Kajukenbo and not Kaukenbo. Here you go. You figured it out. What do you want. A brownie button or a chest to pin it on?

The address is a residental address. My address. Lets take a look at it
jaoasj-png.52431_I was Kicked off AmCrap_General Banter_Squat the Planet_8:38 PM

Bought this place in Sept 2016. My house is on the left. Behind the truck and boat used to be a garage transformed into a 2 bedroom apartment. I turned it into a Dojo. Check out the date google capatured the streetview image. 2011. As of now there is a sign above the bay windows
logo-png.52432_I was Kicked off AmCrap_General Banter_Squat the Planet_8:38 PM

It will be coming down soon and replaced with a newer sign

Edit : The truck and boat are no longer there of course. If the maps were updated, you would see a white 1999 Ford Expedition. And a 1991 Jeep Wrangler. The blue house on the right is actually a business also. Nicholas & Hicks. No signs or advertisements there.

Attachments

Last edited:

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
@BradKajukenbo Ok, tough guy. Fair enough, an old Google pic, a phone listed in someone else's name, and you aren't sure yet what the school is called, and so don't have a website, and the wikipedia page for this martial art i've never heard of does not mention "Kajukenbo Self-Defense Institute" among the six "branches" they do list, but i'm sure it's all totally legit.

And it is totally normal for 43 year old men with teenage children to assault people on trains.

There isn't much point in talking to you. Best of luck in your future efforts to function among others; you'll need it with your aggressive attitude, and bone ignorance.

What is this "dick dust" you speak of? Sounds like something a Republican homophobe would talk about...

And i remember "What do you want. A brownie button or a chest to pin it on?" from elementary school. For the kids, a "Brownie button" is a membership pin worn by a Brownie, a junior Girl Scout. Little girls in the second and third grades (the ages to be a Brownie) do not have breasts because they are pre-pubescent. This archaic misogynist slur mocks them for not having breasts ("a chest to pin it on"). Directed at me, a man, it is also probably homophobic.

The problem our comrade Brad the Badass has is that he is an asshole, and can't speak without making that obvious.

Last edited:
OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
And it is totally normal for 43 year old men with teenage children to assault people on trains.
I don't have any teenage kids. Where you figured that out, your wrong there again. My kids are in their 20's.

So know your a going on a political attack? I fully support Gay Rights. I am straight but not narrow.

Last edited:

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Current Location
Utah
Website
www.youtube.com
For Christ sake @olderthandirt give it a rest.

This thred is getting out of hand, and I have no idea why it is still being commented on.

Fucking pissing contest. It's basically flaming. You claim to be a bad ass lawyer, he claims to be a bad ass martial artist. So fucking what?

I've had this shit happen to me on Greyhound and Amtrak. Physically threatened. If someone actually lays hands on me, I am doing whatever it takes to prevent myself from becoming injured. I'm sure I wouldn't know what happened until it was over, too. No need to escalate unless someone else won't let you remove yourself from the situation.

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
@Coywolf : I am done, see post above yours. Talking to this person is pointless. I do not claim to be "a badass lawyer", or any kind of lawyer; i do not practice law. i am a retired person.

I've been riding Greyhound and other bus lines regularly since 1973, including more than 3000 miles so far this year on Greyhound and Megabus, and Amtrak as long as it has existed, with about 300 miles so far this year on their trains . And i'm so old i rode lots of passenger trains as a kid before Amtrak started in 1971, when there were individual passenger train lines, just like the freight industry is now.

I've also traveled by bus and train in Mexico, Brazil, France, the UK, Switzerland, Italy, Yugoslavia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India.

Perhaps i've been lucky, but i've never felt threatened ever, on any bus or train i've ever been on. i can't really recall anything that involved someone even raising their voice to me, or me to them, ever.

Of course anyone has a right to defend themselves, but that isn't what OP described doing.

Last edited:
OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
Paradise High Bobcats class of '83
Little League All star picture and catcher. Sometimes shortstop. Me and some of my team mates got caught one night doing too many Ripper Magoos and Zippers off the sex ed teachers fanny. Busted my baseball career. LMAO

Actually that is just a joke. I played on a little league team once. But I was more into watching the game then playing it. To tell you the truth. I'm not good at baseball.

OP
BradKajukenbo

BradKajukenbo

Wayfarer
Current Location
Redding, California
"When someone comes at you, I want you to GET IN. GET IT DONE. GO HOME. Don't hesitate."

Damn, that's how I feel about sex most of the time. Gettin' older kinda sucks.
Yes it does! My favorite songs I listened to as kid is now on Classic Rock stations. All of the sudden my eyes stopped working with me and I had to buy my first pair of reading glasses. And getting older seems to feel like a hangover every morning because the first thing I say when I open my eyes is "Oouch"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$35.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $35.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $35.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $35.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $35.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Currently in Louisiana , I'm off the road. Had Hep C an liver cancer. Don't ever forget to be free from the man you have to leave it all behind, each an every time.
Still....in Jax if any kids about
Stuck on paper in idaho, missing the woods and my DK fam
I've made some layout adjustments to featured content threads. They should look much prettier on mobile devices, although I'm still working on how the main featured page displays on those devices...
Due to a software bug, I've had to disable the ability for users to delete their accounts until a fix is released (hopefully no more than a few days).
You ever look back and kind of wonder even if you wanted to try to fix things... How you even begin to apologise for Fucking up someone's life??
The self defense group is going so far so great!
Three years of loving and caring, down the backed up toilet.
I feel uncomfortable with all of the transphobic micro-aggressions being thrown around here lately. I also feel uncomfortable standing up in defense of trans folk, me included, in fear of developing discourse without the consequence of proper accountability.
Barf wrote on Brodiesel710's profile.
There's a fish in the percolator

Staff online